• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post
    Michael
    Could You please do also a test-run with the performance governor for the CPU? I'm pretty certain that this would give even more impressive numbers, since powersave tends to downclock the CPU under Vulkan, because of the lighter load on each individual CPU core/thread.

PS: Somebody should give Crysis (1) [2007] the Vulkan treatment - just so Intel IvyBridge users can claim: "Yes, it can run Crysis!"
    I'll be doing a governor gaming comparison soon.

Leave a comment:

• Linuxxx
    replied
    Michael
    Could You please do also a test-run with the performance governor for the CPU? I'm pretty certain that this would give even more impressive numbers, since powersave tends to downclock the CPU under Vulkan, because of the lighter load on each individual CPU core/thread.

PS: Somebody should give Crysis (1) [2007] the Vulkan treatment - just so Intel IvyBridge users can claim: "Yes, it can run Crysis!"

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    Originally posted by DMJC View Post
    Finally some really solid numbers showing why Vulkan is a better API than OpenGL. An excellent side by side comparison. Thank you Michael for informing the community on why this API change is a good thing.
    Nope. It shows that their D3D->OpenGL wrapper is not exactly effective.

Leave a comment:

• adakite
    replied
    It is nice to see that 1060/Vulkan can beat 1080 Ti/OGL and shows how important APIs and optimization are, compared to silicon.

Leave a comment:

• oleid
    replied
    Is it just me, or does the nvidia OpenGL performance look rather low compared to radeonsi?

Leave a comment:

• geearf
    replied
    Originally posted by mike44 View Post
    geearf probably they added new features for 1.1

Yes Win DX vs Linux Vulkan would be a interesting read.
    Maybe that or maybe a regression. Not sure yet.

Leave a comment:

• mike44
    replied
    geearf probably they added new features for 1.1

Yes Win DX vs Linux Vulkan would be a interesting read.

Leave a comment:

• amehaye
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    I'd like to request Linux vs. Windows Mad Max benchmarks. It's very low priority, but I merely wonder if Vulkan can do better than DirectX.
    As the GPU is maxed out, I see no reason for a Windows version to be faster. At best the performance would be more or less equivalent.

Leave a comment:

• geearf
    replied
    A user on Reddit saw the OGL performance dropping quite a bit with the beta of MadMax compared to the non beta. In his tests, Vulkan on 1.1 is better but not by much than OGL on 1.0. I'm curious if it's the same on Michael's system.

Leave a comment:

• VikingGe
    replied
    Michael found a new favourite toy Anyway, some impressive numbers there, let's hope RADV catches up at some point. And Kudos to Feral for actually going Vulkan.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X