Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 378.13 Linux Driver Released

Phoronix: NVIDIA 378.13 Linux Driver Released

NVIDIA's Unix driver team is celebrating Valentine's Day by releasing their first stable driver in the 378 driver series for Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

^DO NOT FEED

Also, typo
    ARB_parrallel_shader

Comment

To me the update description looks just great. Will run some tests with current (375.26) and re-run them after driver update (after system backup that is :-) )

Comment

Now than vulkan can run without any X dependency, does that means that bumblebee now works with vulkan? No, I guess not. I really want to be able to run vulkan games on my dedicated card.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
          ^DO NOT FEED

Also, typo
          But he is right.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
            For Valetine' s day Amd developers in the kernel bugzilla wants people to use old drivers and have problems that are already solved in the git kernel. Very loving and customer friendly people they are;-)
            That's a distro issue, upstream has nothing to do with what choices your distro makes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mateus Felipe View Post
              But he is right.
              Originally posted by middy
              he is right.
              Nope. debianxfce is always wrong.

He is not saying that the AMD driver kinda sucks (which is still the case), he is saying that upstream devs don't want people downstream to use the updated code.

Comment

debianxfce (fin4478) even learns people on kernel bugzilla now how to compile kernel and advice them like here to not use stock kernels

Grandmaster troll So this conclusion here probably happened after his monolog there

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
                I would not recommend amd gpus when the developers are such an idiots.
                Last edited by dungeon; 14 February 2017, 06:11 PM.

Comment

debianxfce is suggesting here in the forum every time to use debian testing mixed with various ubuntu ppa's, this is saying all about his knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by towo2099 View Post
                    debianxfce is suggesting here in the forum every time to use debian testing mixed with various ubuntu ppa's, this is saying all about his knowledge
                    Not only here, he do that on bugzilla also... for example:

Brain dead troll

Comment

Working...
                    X