Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14-Way NVIDIA GPU Comparison With Civilization VI On Linux

Phoronix: 14-Way NVIDIA GPU Comparison With Civilization VI On Linux

Aspyr Media today released their native Linux port of Civilization VI. Here are benchmarks of fourteen different NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards from Kepler to Pascal for seeing how well this game performs. Benchmarks with (not officially supported) RadeonSI and Intel Mesa graphics will be coming up next.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    and swapping in some DDR4-3200 memory rathan than DDR4-2400.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Typo:

My most creative spelling yet for "rather than", thanks
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

My most creative spelling yet for "rather than", thanks
        No problem. However there is a new typo:

Originally posted by phoronix
        and swapping in some DDR4-3200 memory rather than than DDR4-2400.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with the extra occasional needless redundant word.

Comment

Great. I come here for my grammar and typo correction fix and was not disappointed. What was the article about?

Comment

60 fps at low on 4.6ghz
              granted, it is not a shooter, but still slow

Comment

I wonder if the latest work on Mesa multithreading could help a bit here. OK, this is for nVidia, but I think they also have an environment variable to force multithreading in the driver.

Comment

The fact that it's running at almost precisely 60 FPS when not GPU bound leads me to believe that the game is not actually CPU bound, it's instead been limited to 60 FPS on purpose by the developers.

A quick look at Windows benchmarks, where this limit is not present, would suggest this limit is Aspyr's handy work and not Firaxis'.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
                    The fact that it's running at almost precisely 60 FPS when not GPU bound leads me to believe that the game is not actually CPU bound, it's instead been limited to 60 FPS on purpose by the developers.

A quick look at Windows benchmarks, where this limit is not present, would suggest this limit is Aspyr's handy work and not Firaxis'.
                    Not CPU bound? This piece of crap runs at 40 fps with good cards at 1080p.

Comment

Working...
                    X