• cj.wijtmans
    replied
    Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
    Compositing for kwin_x11 is STILL BROKEN,
    systemsetting5 still crashes when "desktop effects" is selected,
    kwin_x11 STILL CRASHES when effects with compositing are used by default

edit:

actually performance is similar to 370.28 but it's much less stable
    KDE is broken. doesnt even support eglstreams.

Leave a comment:

• kernelOfTruth
    replied
    Compositing for kwin_x11 is STILL BROKEN,
    systemsetting5 still crashes when "desktop effects" is selected,
    kwin_x11 STILL CRASHES when effects with compositing are used by default

edit:

actually performance is similar to 370.28 but it's much less stable
    Last edited by kernelOfTruth; 18 December 2016, 08:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• cj.wijtmans
    replied
    my TTYs still dont have consoles... not sure what the issue is. EFI fb, nvidia or systemd(seems to be spawning ttys just fine).

Leave a comment:

• pinguinpc
    replied
    Until now works stable in various games using wine and native too

Leave a comment:

• mbar
    replied
    Originally posted by timofonic View Post
    What about proper Optimus support? Sorry Nvidia, but f....k you!
    Optimus is working for me on Asus UX303UB since 375.20. On Gentoo you have to use properly crafted xorg.conf file.

Leave a comment:

• cj.wijtmans
    replied
    I also had some stability issues with .20, and i hope this FINALLY fixes my "EFI framebuffers". i have not been able to go into my TTYs for ages now. First to download the ALX WOL patch for 4.9 which they still havent fixed and probably never will :/

Leave a comment:

• gufide
    replied
    Argh, arch repos don't have xorg 1.19 yet.

Leave a comment:

• bobwya
    replied
    Re-compiling my laptop for part II of Xorg-Server 1.19 and kernel 4.9.0... Fingers crossed that this version is less broken than 375.20...

Thankfully Gentoo users are able to choose which versions of packages and what package options (e.g. kms) they want to use... A feature lacking from other distributions I gather...

Leave a comment:

• TingPing
    replied
    Originally posted by omer666 View Post

In the post quoted they clearly state that their goal is to have nVidia binary drivers working with Mesa using libglvnd. I don't know if it's completed as I don't have an Optimus laptop, and nobody talks about it on the Web. But that's what was planned, and it should happen before long if it's not real yet.
    libglvnd allows both drivers to be installed at the same time which is great but it does not have anything to do with implementing Reverse PRIME. On laptops I think Nvidia supports this situation better but I only have a desktop card.

Leave a comment:

• omer666
    replied
    Originally posted by TingPing View Post

The Fedora solution simply sets `DRI_PRIME=1` which only works on the open source drivers as Nvidia does not and has not announced any plans to support Reverse PRIME. The official support they have requires restarting Xorg entirely to switch GPUs.
    In the post quoted they clearly state that their goal is to have nVidia binary drivers working with Mesa using libglvnd. I don't know if it's completed as I don't have an Optimus laptop, and nobody talks about it on the Web. But that's what was planned, and it should happen before long if it's not real yet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X