NVIDIA Releases Linux Graphics Debugger 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Passso View Post

Considering all the posts I read here I can confirm that people on Phoronix are pro-AMD far more than they are pro-open source.

Think about the Intel bashing, even if their driver stack is open source
    And it works with Qemu, something Nvidia will not unless you pay big money

Comment

Considering all the posts I read here I can confirm that people on Phoronix are pro-AMD far more than they are pro-open source.

Think about the Intel bashing, even if their driver stack is open source
      Hm, I never thought about it this way. You may be right.

Comment

Yes, every game developper should read AMDGPU and Unigine source codes.

When I do create a new website I read the Firefox and PHP source codes so that I would not be ruining my reputation and the reputation of my websites.

I will never admit I had to use Wiki or Drupal or Prestashop, that would be looking very unprofessional and very weak.
        Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant. But you just read the code chain that you execute of course, the other code is not interesting. So just for clarification Firefox etc. are no meant to be prose you read before you go to bed but just a nice source to understand how the things work that you do in particular. Of course as you can read the MediaWiki source code I don't see how you wouldn't be able to ensure its quality. So instead of writing the whole thing again it makes sense to include it as you usually don't just need parts of this kind of code.
        But I wouldn't personally code software that implements third party software I can't verify.

Comment

Working...
        X