No announcement yet.

NVIDIA's Next Linux Driver Release To Support Vulkan Without X11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still missing is a installation like Feral proposed or à la Windows. Install on Fedora for ex. is a pain in the ass, like 20 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by mike4 View Post
      Still missing is a installation like Feral proposed or à la Windows. Install on Fedora for ex. is a pain in the ass, like 20 years ago.
      Then dont use fedora.

Comment

Originally posted by Khrundel View Post
        According to phoronix news, mutter 3.23.2 supports EGLStream/EGLDevice, so, maybe they decided to use Nvidia approach instead of creating third allocating API.
        I think the support is in place until the new solution arrives, not instead of the new solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreakon View Post

I'll have you know I get a silky smooth and cinematic 24 fps in Super Tux Kart with my 390X.
          The funny thing about SuperTuxKart is that it's capped at 30 FPS on both 4k@30hz and 1080p@120hz, not even vsync = off in the config.xml seems to allow a higher FPS, sad because I wouldn't mind benching this app on RX 480 to show what it can do.

Comment

Oh also, moved out of Green Camp after 10 years of 100% Green.

Red Camp is the shiznit these days with MESA-Git, Gallium Nine Wine kicking super DX9 azz, and not having to wait for devs to fix nvidia GDM "Something has gone wrong" .so linker issues every Gnome release.

Done a bit of AMD RX 480 Gaming Benchmarks here:
            Share your videos with friends, family, and the world

Gifted my 2 GTX 970's to family as they're EOL to me since we'll be a 100% AMD GPU family in a year or two.

The stability of a professional platform and gaming rig is nice. Been using AMD DAL Kernel 4.7 (Or AMD DC Kernel I guess it's called now,) HDMI, 4k@60hz and the likes are really nice.

Comment

Working...
            X