Fedora 25 Optimus thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 25 Optimus thread

I switched back to Fedora after using Ubuntu for a long period primarily because I read about the improved Optimus support. I've been very happy with the release, and switching solved some issues I was having with my RAID array as well as sound BUT I have not been able to get my discrete card to work at all. I have followed the guides on RPMFusion as well as trying to compile from the NVIDIA website driver. Could someone post a thread on how/if they have gotten it to work? I have used Linux for 10+ years, but I still need things broken down simply if possible. Thank you.

There is a repository that holds Optimus-compatible NVIDIA drivers

Unfortunately, Making it work as PRIME on Ubuntu is a no go. It seems the Negativo17 drivers are now compatible with Optimus, but the userspace is lacking. You can try using FedoraPrime as well.

I run Arch, but I have tried Fedora recently and I gave up because it was too hard to get it to work with Optimus.

Comment

Thank you for the response, I've used bumblebee in the past but I never really liked the reduced performance so I don't know if that link will do me any good.

I've tried the Negativo17 drivers and had no luck with them at all. Haven't tried FedoraPrime though.

I feel slightly duped, I do like the Fedora 25 release, but the proposed Optimus improvements feel like a unsubstantiated rumour at this point.

Comment

I'm trying to work out if it's possible to eliminate or reduce the buffer copies with primus by exporting the drawable from i915 with userptr then binding the PBO from the secondary card to that. I could just start hacking on the code, but if it's not going to work I don't want to waste my time... Is there something that I'm missing that makes this a no-go?

Comment

Working...
        X