No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 375.20 Adds X.Org Server 1.19 Support, Stabilizes Other Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried this driver, Xorg 1.19, and Optimus with Prime Sync? I've had no luck with it, but I believe KMS needs to be enabled (trying to enable it just causes GDM/GNOME not to load)

Comment

Mobile G-SYNC seems to work on notebooks, now.
      Hi guys. Is there any information on whether Mobile G-Sync is supported or on the way? I’ve got a Clevo P750DM-G, 1080p@60hz G-Sync eDP panel, 970M, Mint 17.3 running the latest 4.5 Kernel and 364.12 drivers (that was some mucking around…). No G-Sync option in Nvidia Settings. Similarly, I noticed the Windows drivers lack G-Sync support for this laptop in the latest iteration (364.72) and I had to roll back to 362.00 in Win10. I’m guessing there’s a list of G-Sync enabled BIOS cookies that ...

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
        Has anyone tried this driver, Xorg 1.19, and Optimus with Prime Sync? I've had no luck with it, but I believe KMS needs to be enabled (trying to enable it just causes GDM/GNOME not to load)
        I'm trying with Fedora 24 using Xorg 1.19 rpm from F25 testing repository, and yes nvidia-drm module with modeset=1 should be enabled in order to PRIME Sync to work, but to enable this with kernel >= 4.8 you should disable CONFIG_HARDENED_USERCOPY in kernel config as it's not compatible with current (375.20) nvidia binary drivers. I'm trying this now, i cross the fingers...

Comment

Ok i confirm that it works (glxgears now finally @ 60fps after hours of kernel recompiling...), next week at work i will test if it's stable enough...

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Remove unneeded drivers and modules, then the kernel compiles in 10-20 minutes.
            About 4 minutes actually, on an old i5 2500K.

Comment

Hi,

I'm trying to force P0 state with my NVIDIA GTX 1070 GPU. With 9xx series there was an option to force P0 state which gave significant performance boost. How can I do this with 10xx series?

Thanks!

Comment

has anyone checked if Nvidia binary drivers also are sending telemetry data like last releases of Nvidia's Windows drivers?

Comment

Working...
                X