NVIDIA 375.10 Linux Driver Released, Supports GTX 1050 Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thaodan View Post
    NVIDIA optimus/bumblebee users shoud look at this: https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project...bee/issues/810
    I don't notice this on my laptop with Optimus, but I don't use Bumblebee.

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
      I don't notice this on my laptop with Optimus, but I don't use Bumblebee.
      To add onto this, I do use the proprietary graphics driver, but I just pass everything to the NVIDIA chip (modesetting on Intel, xrandr stuff to setoffloadprovider with it and NVIDIA-0).

Comment

Originally posted by dgmvecuador View Post

If you combine this option with triple buffer you can accomplish good performance.
        thanks for the hint !

Comment

Originally posted by dgmvecuador View Post

If you combine this option with triple buffer you can accomplish good performance.
          tried this out on 370.28 now and the performance impact is way too much

even with compiz and export __GL_YIELD=NOTHING

Let's see how this works on once the ebuild + patches is available ...

Comment

Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post

thelinuxrain.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, thelinuxrain.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

reducing tearing

haha - gotta try that

Hopefully this does NOT come with a performance penalty
            It *does* have a performance penalty but should completely eradicate tearing (even if you use several different screens).

Comment

Doesn't work for me (GTX 760) the animations and transitions are totally lagging and visible,

nothing's smooth

other suggested ways to cope with it were triplebuffer + export __GL_YIELD=USLEEP
              or some additional ones

which seemed to work for me

Would have liked to try out the other approach but it seems the gpu might not be powerful enough

Comment

In this wine driver have support GTX 1050 / 1050ti and appears in nvidia control panel ForceCompositionPipeline and ForceFullCompositionPipeline

Comment

Not there yet.
                  Fresh drivers from upstream, currently shipping Nvidia. ## Current releases Current production branch release: 535.154.05 Current new feature branch release: 550.54.14 Current beta release: 550.40.07 ## Legacy releases 470.223.02 (x86_64) - GKxxx “Kepler” GPUs 390.157 (x86 / x86_64 / ARM) - GF1xx “Fermi” GPUs (*​) 340.108 (x86 / x86_64) - GeForce 8 and 9 series GPUs (*​) 304.137 (x86 / x86_64) - GeForce 6 and 7 series GPUs (*​) 173.14.39 (x86 / x86_64) - GeForce 5 series GPUs (*​) 96.43.2...

Comment

Working...
                  X