Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 375.10 Linux Driver Released, Supports GTX 1050 Series

Phoronix: NVIDIA 375.10 Linux Driver Released, Supports GTX 1050 Series

NVIDIA has released the 375.10 Linux driver as their first release in this new 375.xx series...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What does ForceCompositionPipeline and ForceFullCompositionPipeline X do?

Comment

- Fixed a bug that caused long delays when leaving the VT or disabling a display device while an OpenGL application is running.
      - Improved console restore behavior on systems that use the UEFI Graphics Output Protocol, and most vesafb modes.

looks nice !

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
        thelinuxrain.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, thelinuxrain.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

reducing tearing

haha - gotta try that

Hopefully this does NOT come with a performance penalty

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
          They're Nvidia's variant of Intel's TearFree option - driver-internal compositing to eliminate tearing.

Comment

Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post

thelinuxrain.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, thelinuxrain.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

reducing tearing

haha - gotta try that

It comes without performance penalty, but I found it to be kind of glitchy with some games - it may come from my ageing GTX 660, though. I'll give it another try if I ever buy a more powerful nVidia card. That is, if GTX 1050 Ti really outperforms a GTX 960, and AMD's response isn't solid enough to become worth considering. Many unknown variables at the moment...

Comment

Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post

reducing tearing

haha - gotta try that

If you combine this option with triple buffer you can accomplish good performance.

Comment

NVIDIA optimus/bumblebee users shoud look at this: https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project...bee/issues/810

Comment

this things are for x 1.19 and nvidia-prime to resolve the tearing when using nvidia card

Comment

Originally posted by omer666 View Post

It comes without performance penalty, but I found it to be kind of glitchy with some games - it may come from my ageing GTX 660, though.
                    Use them for years on 660 Ti without issues.

Comment

Working...
                    X