No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 370.28 Linux Driver Has Pascal Overclocking, PRIME Sync, PixelShiftMode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 370.28 Linux Driver Has Pascal Overclocking, PRIME Sync, PixelShiftMode

Phoronix: NVIDIA 370.28 Linux Driver Has Pascal Overclocking, PRIME Sync, PixelShiftMode

NVIDIA's Unix team today released the 370.28 driver as their newest Linux/BSD/Solaris driver in their short-lived branch...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hmm, I think this might be the first proprietary graphics driver that's had an uninteresting enough changelog for me not to want to rush and update Although maybe if I figure out how to compile a pre-release X on Ubuntu, Prime Sync sounds kind of interesting...

Comment

It's already out on Antergos (AUR)

Comment

I upgraded via Canonical's Nvidia drivers PPA, that PPA is really awesome, I use it for months now and never had any problems and I always have latest drivers. Running that and 4.7.3 kernel from Ubuntu kernel repository.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post
          I upgraded via Canonical's Nvidia drivers PPA, that PPA is really awesome, I use it for months now and never had any problems and I always have latest drivers. Running that and 4.7.3 kernel from Ubuntu kernel repository.
          Heh, wasn't expecting them to get it for another day or so but wow, that was pretty quick

Comment

Was the "blender not starting" bug fixed with this release?

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
              Was the "blender not starting" bug fixed with this release?
              Yes is fixed now.

Comment

In this driver version wine behavior seems similar to 370.23 in test until now

Comment

Working...
                X