Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA Announces New TITAN X Card With 12 Billion Transistors, 11 TFLOPS Compute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    That is not trollism, he talked about *wait a few generations* before picking same perf midrange gpu... so point is that if he wanna wait that long, he can wait even longer
    Are you perhaps saying that waiting 2-3 years is the same as waiting "infinite" time (as midrange GPUs will always and squarely do better than integrated GPUs for physical reasons, unless the whole PC paradigm is dumped and it all becomes a console-like SoC with GDDR)?

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post

If fanboys thought the same way you do, then nvidia would have not be making so much money. I am not trying to be biased here, windows nvidia titan users are some of the most stupid people I have ever seen. The people I see living in the street have a lot more insight into technology than the nvidia youngsters and grownups that buy and review (multi) titan setups for casual gaming. I personally know a few people who do this, they literally don't to know the difference between MB and GB.

The only reason that I can think of for releasing this besides the two reasons you've mentioned is just for people to be able to upgrade their over priced titan to newer better version in order to stay cool at school. Seriously though, I too would like to know what you're asking. I can only think that it's just marketing thing.
      Titans are and always will be focussed on the computing and scientific market.
      Rendering, Computing clusters etc are a huge market and still consists out of the biggest market for these cards where extra precision and every last bit of performance is key.
      Normally TItans (and Quadro's) should also be more stable under constant full load.
      People buying this for gaming rigs is silly, but fortunately this is just a small percentage.

Originally posted by Shevchen View Post
      Okay, seems like I wasn't that far off with my tummy-feeling about the usefulness of this product. Thanks for double-backing my suspicion everyone.
      Now, lets wait for the RX 490X to compare those high-end things with each other.
      The RX 490X will probably try to compete with the 1070 and 1080, not the Titan series, as the Titan is not a consumer card and AMD kind of stept away from computation industry.
      Last edited by TheOnlyJoey; 22 July 2016, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        Are you perhaps saying that waiting 2-3 years is the same as waiting "infinite" time ?
        Yup as waiting is waiting, put your waiting time _here_

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
          Yup as waiting is waiting, put your waiting time _here_
          When you grow up you will know what "delay your gratification" means. Until then... have fun, kid.

Comment

Ah when i was a kid i had C64, master of silence and sound ... But then PC with ventilator came in and i immidiately knew same day that is nothing but due to capitalistic competition so that something came wrong, that idiot is inside and trolls outside and that all those shits has ventilators

Enjoy kid and do something useful

Last edited by dungeon; 22 July 2016, 08:46 AM.

Comment

I hope Michael is still working on those Deep Learning benchmarks to add to PTS before testing this card against the rest. The fact that NV unveiled the card at an AI meetup rather than a gaming event tells a lot about the target crowd.

Comment

You are assuming that they were the ones that made that money, and not just offspring-of/married-to high-income person(s),
                And you're assuming that they aren't. In this case, there is 0 evidence to argue it either way!

Remember that if you're the offspring/married to and don't actually understand anything about money, that money doesn't tend to stick around very long. Plenty of lottery winners end up homeless in just a few short years because they spend it all so quickly and don't know how to manage it.

Not that it's bad for us either way, since these halo products help make Nvidia profitable, to be able to offer GTX x60's at an affordable mass market price for you and I.

Comment

... unless the whole PC paradigm is dumped and it all becomes a console-like SoC with GDDR)?
                  That seems to be where it's headed. More and more stuff is getting integrated in the CPU as time goes by, so it won't be that long before stand-alone graphics card are a thing of the past.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOnlyJoey View Post
                    Titans are and always will be focussed on the computing and scientific market.
                    Nonsense. Titans are and always will be focused on the consumer gaming market. The original GK110 Titan had full FP64 capability, but were never marketed to commercial or scientific customers as such. The Titan X had crippled FP64 just like all other consumer cards do. Titan's most definitely are not "are and always will be" focused on scientific market.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
                      That seems to be where it's headed. More and more stuff is getting integrated in the CPU as time goes by, so it won't be that long before stand-alone graphics card are a thing of the past.
                      They already are. AMD's APUs and intel's Iris Pro are very capable everyday GPU's. They even do quite good casual gaming on older titles. The only people buying discrete GPU's are the video gamers, and the CAD/CAM professional market. Both of which are niche markets. The mainstream has already ditched stand alone GPU cards.

Comment

Working...
                      X