NVIDIA Announces The GeForce GTX 1060, Linux Tests Happening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    AMDGPU-PRO definitely has no HEVC Main 10 nor does Nvidia support it. Would like to know if it really works - the mesa code has it active.
    So in whole and definitely no driver has that support. There is no pushover for it i guess, at this time in current universum
    Last edited by dungeon; 08 July 2016, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Nvidia wants to add 10 bit output support, but I could not test that anyway. But if it would decode to 8 bit then it would already be interesting for me.

Comment

Nvidia wants to add 10 bit output support
        But who cares now if they want to add that or not ... when it comes to popularity, majority is far away from that. One need to spend couple thousands on true 10bit screen to see difference

But if it would decode to 8 bit then it would already be interesting for me.
        There are $400 4K pseudo-10bit monitors, that is best affordable i guess... sort of better then 8bit, but still not true 10bit. And when that time comes we will talk about then current 8K 10bit decoders anyway

Currently we also waiting for nVidia to washed out more colors to improve game performance with GTX 1060
        Last edited by dungeon; 08 July 2016, 09:59 AM.

Comment

AMDGPU-PRO definitely has no HEVC Main 10 nor does Nvidia support it. Would like to know if it really works - the mesa code has it active.
          If it helps, the AMDGPU-PRO stack uses mesa for video processing as well...
          Test signature

Comment

Nvidia wants to add 10 bit output support, but I could not test that anyway. But if it would decode to 8 bit then it would already be interesting for me.
            They already have that, and have had for decades. They just disable it in in software, to make the overpriced Quadro cards look attractive.

Comment

bridgman

The vdpauinfo output did NOT look like that

Comment

bridgman

File a bug with title like - One version of mesa differ on another

Comment

Do you mean "did not look like it came from the latest mesa" or "did not look like it came from mesa at all" ?

The former would not surprise me; the latter would be \/....
                  Test signature

Comment

GTX 1060 awesome, 10 years driver support for both windows and Linux. None of that AMD crap you can fry an egg on that gets driver support dumped in less than 5 years.

AMD still living up to their CPU/GPU toaster reputation:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10477/...umption-issues.

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Do you mean "did not look like it came from the latest mesa" or "did not look like it came from mesa at all" ?

The former would not surprise me; the latter would be \/....
                    To quote Jean-Claude Juncker, "Why are you still here ?". This is about Nvidia.
                    Last edited by Slartifartblast; 09 July 2016, 05:09 AM.

Comment

bridgman

As you can not see the mesa release in the VDPAU version string (always 1.0) it must be from an old snapshot which is a bit weird for a new chip with an advanced UVD part. Why would you use 6 months old code? Btw you know that AMD needs to release the exact version used for this part?

Comment

Working...
                      X