NVIDIA 364.19 Linux Driver Stabilizes The Wayland & Mir Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnc View Post
    Looks like X.org will be sticking around awhile longer.
    Nope, it won't. Everyone supports Wayland now - one way or another. No point.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
      Looks like X.org will be sticking around awhile longer.
      Well, there is always Mir :-)

I would laugh so hard if in the end, Canonical was the only one offering a proper user experience when it comes to graphics driver support.

Comment

Originally posted by Temar View Post

Well, there is always Mir :-)

I would laugh so hard if in the end, Canonical was the only one offering a proper user experience when it comes to graphics driver support.

Except that Mir uses GBM, too and doesn't even work with all open source drivers (AMD and some nouveau cards to be precise).

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
          Except that Mir uses GBM, too and doesn't even work with all open source drivers (AMD and some nouveau cards to be precise).
          https://www.reddit.com/r/Ubuntu/comm...u_1604/cwg7als
          Yes, but Shuttleworth is a businessman, he has no time for childish games. Canonical will probably just implement support and be done with it.

Unfortunately I'm using KDE :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Pecisk View Post
            There are such plans. Fedora/RedHat is already investigating.
            nope. redhat is already developing nouveau and does not support nvidia driver even without wayland. i could link you some old stuff with redhat "investigating" upstart. will it make redhat switching from systemd?

Comment

why wait till end? fedora is already offering a proper user experience when it comes to graphics driver support

Comment

Yes, but Shuttleworth is a businessman, he has no time for childish games.
                shuttleworth is constantly losing money with ubuntu, so he has decades of time for childish games

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                  why wait till end? fedora is already offering a proper user experience when it comes to graphics driver support
                  So Fedora is already offering Wayland support for the latest NVidia binary drivers? If not, then your definition of a proper user experience does not comply with mine.

Comment

So Fedora is already offering Wayland support for the latest NVidia binary drivers? If not, then your definition of a proper user experience does not comply with mine.
                    I think it's more like Fedora doesn't provide Nvidia binary drivers at all. RPM Fusion nonfree must be added to repositories to get Nvidia proprietary drivers.

Comment

So Fedora is already offering Wayland support for the latest NVidia binary drivers?
                      nvidia has no linux binary drivers. fedora is already offering wayland support for the latest nvidia mesa drivers
                      your definition of a proper user experience does not comply with mine
                      if your proper user experience is windows, what are you doing here?
                      here is our nvidia support https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_36yNWw_07g
                      Last edited by pal666; 23 April 2016, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X