NVIDIA Releases Updated Vulkan Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh, I understand.

That work on option (a) had actually started well before we met with Michael, as had investigation into alternatives. We just weren't at the point where we could say "this is for-sure the direction that we are taking to market". We still aren't quite there, but we are a lot closer.
    Test signature

Comment

Kepler is still used in the Shield K1, so Nvidia needs to implement Vulkan for it. I don't know what's the problem with Fermi, but as Vulkan is like a speed path to the GFX pipeline the chip should support it as natively as possible. If there are too many parts emulated it seems to be useless.

Comment

So I am getting a little confused. I am currently running the 361.xx driver, does that mean that only the 355.xx series got the update because it is a development branch? Does Nvidia have a development branch and a release branch?

Comment

Those 2 drivers are only different in 1 file. The 355 series adds one file to /etc/vulkan/icd.d .

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            Those 2 drivers are only different in 1 file
            Not true. Vulkan library is libGL.so:
            Code:
            $ cat NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-355.00.26/nvidia_icd.json
            {
                "file_format_version" : "1.0.0",
                "ICD": {
                    "library_path": "libGL.so.1",
                    "api_version" : "1.0.3"
                }
            }
            Here's our vulkan entry point:
            Code:
            $ nm -D NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-355.00.26/libGL.so.355.00.26 |grep -E '\bT\s+vk'
            00000000000a1e80 T vk_icdGetInstanceProcAddr
            However no such thing in 361.*
            Code:
            $ nm -D NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-361.28/libGL.so.1.0.0 |grep -E '\bT\s+vk'
            <empty>
            $ nm -D NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-361.28/libGL.so.361.28 |grep -E '\bT\s+vk'
            <empty>

Comment

Did I say something else? If the driver ships the ICD file it has Vulkan support, otherwise not!

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                Did I say something else? If the driver ships the ICD file it has Vulkan support, otherwise not!
                You said "Those 2 drivers are only different in 1 file", that implies something completely different.

Comment

Working...
                X