Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 361.28 Linux Driver Released, Makes GLVND Optional

Phoronix: NVIDIA 361.28 Linux Driver Released, Makes GLVND Optional

The NVIDIA 361.28 Linux driver was released a short time ago as the newest stable release in the NVIDIA 361 driver series...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...A-361.28-Linux

On my machine - nvidia 840m is still segfault - bumblebee + primusrun - Kubuntu 14.04.3 and Kubuntu 15.10:

glxgears[2161]: segfault at 0 ip 00007f65eeb3cd24 sp 00007ffe699602d0 error 4 in libGL.so.1[7f65eeb13000+47000]

glxgears[2227]: segfault at 0 ip 00007fe1141d6d24 sp 00007fff748970c0 error 4 in libGL.so.1[7fe1141ad000+47000]

Comment

Originally posted by ext73 View Post
      On my machine - nvidia 840m is still segfault - bumblebee + primusrun - Kubuntu 14.04.3 and Kubuntu 15.10:
      \Have you tired the kernel supported solution? IE: using nvidia-prime package in U(K,L,ECT)buntu, can also be console activated without this package.

Comment

i will try later this new driver with bumblebee in ubuntu 16.04 if it works

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post

\Have you tired the kernel supported solution? IE: using nvidia-prime package in U(K,L,ECT)buntu, can also be console activated without this package.
          Nvidia Prime is not a good solution ... poor performance, a small smoother playability, switching between graphics instead of buffering nvidia.

Comment

ext73

​Ubuntu has nvidia-prime support directly, why dont you use the packaged versions? Bumblebee is crap, slow as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
              ext73

​Ubuntu has nvidia-prime support directly, why dont you use the packaged versions? Bumblebee is crap, slow as hell.

I get much better performance with bumblebee, with the added benefit that I don't need to log out to use my nvidia card.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                ext73

Kano Prime is much slower than bb ... see my youtube chanel: youtube.com/user/ext73

Comment

Originally posted by ext73 View Post

Kano Prime is much slower than bb ... see my youtube chanel: youtube.com/user/ext73
                  Dude, bumblebee is segfaulting for you. You'd rather use a faster, non-working solution over a slower, possibly working one?
                  Plus, I don't see the point in prime. You can just use the nvidia card, it's not like there's a world of difference in power consumption.

Comment

For anyone using later versions of Plasma 5 (KDE), this is the first stable release of the Nvidia drivers that fix the crash at startup related to SDDM.

Comment

Working...
                    X