No announcement yet.

Nvidia image quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the Zalman 9500 LED. Also using 2GB Corsair PC2-6400 & Asus P5W DH Deluxe.

This was with the older bios (14-something). I haven't tested it with the newest bios 1707. However, I noticed a definite improvement in boot speed with the newest bios. The P5W DH is also very Linux friendly with everything being picked up but the wireless card.
    Last edited by afterburntdw; 23 December 2006, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Some Very Preliminary Results

Some Very Preliminary Results... A few movie and Quake 4 comparison shots between ATI and NVIDIA on Linux can be found @ http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=8380

With the great deal of articles that we publish in regards to NVIDIA and ATI display drivers, it is very evident that at this time NVIDIA has the lead when it comes to the frame-rate performance -- with their Linux drivers performing nearly the same as their Windows ForceWare counterpart. ATI has been struggling to improve the performance of their fglrx drivers, and while they had made strides last year, they still have a great deal of work ahead of them. However, one of the areas that often is not mentioned in Phoronix articles is the image quality between ATI and NVIDIA's hardware with their respective drivers. In this article today we will be looking at both company's image quality under Linux in video playback and gaming environments.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Tom's hardware recently ran a comparison of Avivo vs. Purevideo on Windows using the HQV benchmark DVD.

I would be interested in seeing how well Linux drivers are able to handle the benchmark DVD. One thing the article at Tom's pointed out was that a lot of the image-quality settings were disabled by default and some were difficult to find. I'm curious about what control over these settings the Linux drivers give you.

Read the latest computer hardware news, analysis and opinions on Tom's Hardware and get a glimpse into the future of cutting edge tech. | Tom's Hardware

Comment

Working...
        X