NVIDIA's $1000+ GeForce GTX TITAN X Delivers Maximum Linux Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    Windows Update doesn't distribute OpenGL drivers. The only time I had problems getting Intel's driver is is when their download server was down the day after christmas this past year. Plus the download links are designed to navigate by CPU core and not GPU core. Which is kinda stupid when you're looking for a GPU driver.
    Tell me how many OpenGL games your customers play with Windows and Intel? My guess is zero. I am used to the download selection and find everything i need. Btw. as the GPU is inside the CPU why would it matter how the GPU is called? You usually have got 2-3 generations supported by 1 driver. If you are unable to find a driver you sell a GPU, thats fraud, nothing else.

Comment

"... Linux-friendly TITAN X ..."
      Linux-friendly???
      You mean Michael Larabel-friendly, because NVIDIA has sponsored this TITAN X?

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        Tell me how many OpenGL games your customers play with Windows and Intel? My guess is zero. I am used to the download selection and find everything i need. Btw. as the GPU is inside the CPU why would it matter how the GPU is called? You usually have got 2-3 generations supported by 1 driver. If you are unable to find a driver you sell a GPU, thats fraud, nothing else.
        My job is not to make decisions for customers, only to make sure things work. Graphics drivers from windows update don't meet that requirement.

You don't have any sales responsibilities do you? I have sample machines set up in a display at the front of the shop I use to show customers. It's really easy to benchmark a sample machine vs the customers machine to show how shitty Intel's graphics are. I use the same method to sell SSD's and RAM. It's always the customers choice. I show them facts and then they decide.

Comment

Intels hardware is not OK for gaming. Hell, it's not even OK for composited desktops... Intel is almost entirely responsible for the decline of PC gaming. They have by far the largest graphics marketshare, more than half.... That means more than half of all PC's can't run games well. And that's Intels fault.
          I play most of my games on a laptop with an integrated Intel and run a desktop with all effects on it.
          For "real" games ofc I have a computer with NVidia card.

And that's Intels fault. They know it, and they don't care.
          Are you serious? Their graphic chips have a very good performance/power ratio, and this is what real people want on laptops.
          Last edited by Passso; 30 March 2015, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by drSeehas View Post
            "... Linux-friendly TITAN X ..."
            Linux-friendly???
            You mean Michael Larabel-friendly, because NVIDIA has sponsored this TITAN X?
            You mean Michael paid all his R2xx cards? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post
              You mean Michael paid all his R2xx cards? Really?
              Yes, he frequently mentions how AMD in recent years only sends APUs.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                ... he frequently mentions how AMD in recent years only sends APUs.
                But nevertheless you can't find these AMD APUs in Michaels tests/articles for comparison ... :-(

Comment

Originally posted by drSeehas View Post
                  But nevertheless you can't find these AMD APUs in Michaels tests/articles for comparison ... :-(
                  I have to agree, considering those APU are quite good on Windows.
                  It should be interresting to bench them on *nix.

Comment

Working...
                  X