X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by Kano View Post
    You are too stupid, Intel works perfectly with KDE with OpenGL FX. Shut your mouth as your are even unable to find Win drivers for Intel gfx. Btw. Windows Update finds em automatically in most cases...
    Windows Update doesn't distribute OpenGL drivers. The only time I had problems getting Intel's driver is is when their download server was down the day after christmas this past year. Plus the download links are designed to navigate by CPU core and not GPU core. Which is kinda stupid when you're looking for a GPU driver.

Leave a comment:

• moilami
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Just curious, what makes the Intel open source graphics drivers "ok" for gaming but the AMD open source graphics drivers "a nightmare" ?
    I have 184 games in Steam, of which Metro Reduxes are the only ones which does not work with Intel Graphics. So I have 182 playable games in Steam without graphical issues. In some of those I have to lower the graphical detail to make them playable, though.

I haven't tested Radeon Open Source graphics much, but in Mount & Blade Warband there was graphical glitches and Crusader Kings II crashed quite quicly after I begun to play it. CK2 has been very stable with Intel graphics.

I like Steam because it is so very easy to buy and play games through it. Just a few clicks is all what is needed. What I don't like is that if I have to begin to troubleshoot graphical issues in games or if games crashes because of graphics drivers.

Intel Graphics has really spoiled me in Linux, the only bad thing is that the hardware is not that powerful enough. I would still not say that Radeon open source graphics is a complete mess. It seems to be good, about what Intel was a few years ago

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    You are too stupid, Intel works perfectly with KDE with OpenGL FX. Shut your mouth as your are even unable to find Win drivers for Intel gfx. Btw. Windows Update finds em automatically in most cases...

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Just curious, what makes the Intel open source graphics drivers "ok" for gaming but the AMD open source graphics drivers "a nightmare" ?
    I'm sure this is gonna bite me in the ass....

Intels hardware is not OK for gaming. Hell, it's not even OK for composited desktops... Intel is almost entirely responsible for the decline of PC gaming. They have by far the largest graphics marketshare, more than half.... That means more than half of all PC's can't run games well. And that's Intels fault. They know it, and they don't care.

Leave a comment:

• xeekei
    replied
    Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
    I hope everybody buys this card. More R&D Money for NVIDIA. Better cards in the future.
    Haha! Right! More like more bonuses for executives. Also, let's not let vendors get away with releasing graphics cards that cost 1000 USD.

Your mindset is very backwards for a consumer.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by rikkinho View Post
    they are not good for gaming, catalyst is a mess, if you want game in linux without worry you need to use nvidia, ppl hate nvidia, but they are the only one who brings the features and performance in linux and unix, intel is ok, amd is a nightmare

Leave a comment:

• rikkinho
    replied
    good?

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    Nvidia does have good drivers, that's true. And it's also true that Catalyst has very serious major problems. But the OSS drivers for AMD hardware are good. They can run most games now. There are a few that requires a higher level of OpenGL support than mesa provides though. I don't expect it to take much longer before even those work just fine.

You say it only takes a half a brain to choose nVidia hardware? Ok, I suppose dumb ass people can do what they want.
    they are not good for gaming, catalyst is a mess, if you want game in linux without worry you need to use nvidia, ppl hate nvidia, but they are the only one who brings the features and performance in linux and unix, intel is ok, amd is a nightmare

Leave a comment:

• CrystalGamma
    replied
    Originally posted by sunweb View Post
    Don't worry, Nvidia already fixed this issue http://wccftech.com/cuda-7-update-di...gtx-titan-bug/ The guy who filed a bug also wrote down in the comments.
    Your link is about Titan Z which is Kepler (IIRC). Maxwell has a much worse FP64 to FP32 ratio (1/32, while I think Kepler can go as far as 1/4 or something, and does on the Kepler Titan cards), which is what this is referring to.

Leave a comment:

• adakite
    replied
    Originally posted by sunweb View Post
    Don't worry, Nvidia already fixed this issue http://wccftech.com/cuda-7-update-di...gtx-titan-bug/ The guy who filed a bug also wrote down in the comments.
    I have CUDA 7.0, V7.0.17 installed and a Titan Black and I still have the DP support. I'm running Linux (not Windows like the guy who reported that "bug"). So either this is a bug, this is linked to Windows (who seriously use Windows for HPC/Computing?) or with the "Z" flavor of the Titan, but I strongly doubt that Nvidia tried to intentionally cripple the DP support, this makes no sense at all.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Great performance numbers... but with price in mind not great at all, especially in Europe .

Roughly for the same price in Europe one can buy two Radeons R9 295x2
    Last edited by dungeon; 27 March 2015, 06:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X