Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA linux driver instability

Hello,

I'm a long-time reader, first time poster at phoronix.

It seems that NVIDIA linux drivers are not completely stable, although they do offer wonderful performance. This issue first cropped up from CSGO crashes, but now it looks like it might extend into general stress-test stability as well. I thought it might be of interest to the community here.

It seems to affect multiple generations of NVIDIA cards, and multiple versions of the driver(s).

You can see the csgo github post here.

The NVIDIA devtalks forum post is located here.
    Last edited by Quaid; 09 March 2015, 09:14 PM.

Originally posted by Quaid View Post
    Hello,

I'm a long-time reader, first time poster at phoronix.

It seems that NVIDIA linux drivers are not completely stable, although they do offer wonderful performance. This issue first cropped up from CSGO crashes, but now it looks like it might extend into general stress-test stability as well. I thought it might be of interest to the community here.

It seems to affect multiple generations of NVIDIA cards, and multiple versions of the driver(s).

You can see the csgo github post here.

The NVIDIA devtalks forum post is located here.
    This can't be... I have been reading this forum for a long time and I have learned that Nvidia are absolutely faultless. Nothing bad can ever come from them...

Comment

It still could be a different issue like RAM because Linux uses much more for caching. Running memtest does not find bad RAM in all cases, if some standard RAM is available maybe try that or use standard timing not XMP. Or test the card in a different box.

Comment

Working...
      X