NVIDIA 346.47 Linux Driver Adds New GPU Support, Fixes Bugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
    Strange, I don't have any. Using GeForce 560Ti with NVIDIA 346.35 on Fedora 21 KDE.
    That's a tad amusing considering Fedora is one of the distributions that don't give a rat's arse about proprietary drivers due to legal reasons

Comment

Originally posted by Pepec9124
      Somehow I don't belive you. I have 550 Ti and I'm forced to export __GL_YIELD="USLEEP" for Vsync. Arch BTW.
      I'm very irritated by this bug and its very sad ot see no activity from KDE guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
        there hasnt been a updated opensource driver released in how many months either
        Huh? Are you talking about mesa? They constantly release bug-fix updates, the last feature release was 2 months ago and 10.5 is expected soon AFAIK.

Comment

No problems with proprietary drivers on Ubuntu 14.04 and Asus GTX770. X-plane FPS is ~20% faster than on win8.1.

Comment

nothing about optimus?

Comment

Somehow I don't belive you. I have 550 Ti and I'm forced to export __GL_YIELD="USLEEP" for Vsync. Arch BTW.
              if that fixes a bug, then it's a timing issue
              as that only adds a small sleep to a spinlock

as for tearing
              I struggled for a while trying to get a perfectly tearing-free display with the help of compton (#168), but just now I found a way to do that with nvidia drivers alone. It is a single line to be ad...

Comment

In FarCry 3 still appears color errors with this drivers

Comment

I have a GTX 560 Ti and use Arch and KDE and don't need that for __GL_YIELD, it works with the default. I instead need KWIN_TRIPLE_BUFFER=1. I was until just now using 346.35.

Comment

?

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
                    im predicting Mir will not survive, there aint enough Developers working on it compared to Wayland
                    sources?

Comment

Originally posted by rikkinho View Post
                      sources?
                      You are quoting the source. Anvil made that prediction himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X