No announcement yet.

PCIe bus errors on Linux with GTX 980

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you try without overclocking? Specifically I had to turn off something like "Auto overclocking" or "AI overclocking" or something. That setting (whichever it was, I probably have the correct name in an early post in this thread), seems to overclock by default and was causing this issue.

Maybe that setting overclocked the PCIE bus a bit by default? I Never looked into it that deeply as I simply don't need or want overclocking.

Comment

paulf: have you tried the nommconf option? that's ultimately the best solution I could come up with for my situation.

hiryu: I didn't notice your last post before today, but no, I have no overclocking features turned on; it was ultimately too unstable using any overclock feature with or without this particular problem. The nommconf has been stable since I last posted about it. I have some other strange issues with my nvidia driver and GTX980 card, but not the problem in this thread anymore.

Comment

I know this thread is getting kind of old, but I had what may be the same problem with my ASRock X99 Extreme 4, and I was able to solve it by turning off all of the ASPM related options in the firmware.

Comment

Working...
        X