X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asavah
    replied
    Originally posted by Veske View Post
    Does not seem like a worthy upgrade from my 760 tough. Will have to go for a 970 or 980 instead I guess.
    +1
    I've got a Gigabyte GV-N760OC-2GD (rev. 2.0) which is running great with nvidia blob.
    I think I'll skip the 9xx series.

Leave a comment:

• johnc
    replied
    Originally posted by stqn View Post
    Well I have a GTX 660 but I think it?s too early to upgrade it. I bought it only one year ago and most/all games run great at high settings. Also I?m not sure about the improvement in performance since Michael doesn?t have a GTX*660 to compare but it doesn?t seem like a very compelling upgrade (still 120W and not less, more expensive, not a huge FPS increase (?)).
    Some of the other benchmarks I've seen shows it about 50% faster than the 660 in Metro LL, or about equivalent to a 770. But I'm with you... I'm still on a 570 and am waiting for Source 2 to upgrade to whatever is new at that time.

Leave a comment:

• stqn
    replied
    Originally posted by johnc View Post
    Looks like nvidia is targeting 460, 560, and 660 owners with this card. According to their ad copy, only 1 of 3 x60 gamers is on a 760, so they're looking to pull some of the other 2/3rds up to date.
    Well I have a GTX 660 but I think it?s too early to upgrade it. I bought it only one year ago and most/all games run great at high settings. Also I?m not sure about the improvement in performance since Michael doesn?t have a GTX*660 to compare but it doesn?t seem like a very compelling upgrade (still 120W and not less, more expensive, not a huge FPS increase (?)).

Leave a comment:

• johnc
    replied
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    linux gamers say
    No, you speak for yourself.

http://www.gamingonlinux.com/article...er.4399/page=5 --> Question 6

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    linux gamers say

Leave a comment:

• johnc
    replied
    Looks like nvidia is targeting 460, 560, and 660 owners with this card. According to their ad copy, only 1 of 3 x60 gamers is on a 760, so they're looking to pull some of the other 2/3rds up to date.

Leave a comment:

• efikkan
    replied
    Veske is right, this is hardly an upgrade from GTX 760. But also keep in mind that GTX 960 retail for $50 less, so it's probably targeting a lower market segment.

I guess most sensible gamers upgrade their rig whenever it's too slow to run the desired games, and if this is the case for you I would recommend looking at GTX 970. Not only is GTX 970 over 50% more powerful, but it also features 4GB memory and larger bandwidth suited for higher resolution and AA. So buying a GTX 970 instead of GTX 960 will give a longer lasting rig, and keep in mind it's the cost per day that counts.

But I guess those who don't care that much about performance will be satisfied with a GTX 960 for 1080p gaming.

Anyway, whether you go for GTX 750Ti, 960, 970 or 980, I would recommend the Strix coolers from Asus. They are completely quiet at idle and medium load. I've tried it on a GTX 750Ti.

Leave a comment:

• tuke81
    replied
    yay, full hw hevc. How about vp9, any word about that? i just hope that nvidia gets that h265 support on vdpau.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Veske View Post
    Does not seem like a worthy upgrade from my 760 tough. Will have to go for a 970 or 980 instead I guess.
    All depends what your needs are.... More numbers coming shortly.

Leave a comment:

• Veske
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X