Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nille
    replied
    Would be awesome if this get upstream. Also i wish that we see AMD VCE and Intel QuickSync Support.

Leave a comment:

• droste
    replied
    Originally posted by xeekei View Post
    [...]Using the same API for both decode and encode only makes sense[...]
    because...? Why does it make sense?

Leave a comment:

• blackout23
    replied
    Hope this finds its way into Steam InHome Streaming.

Leave a comment:

• drSeehas
    replied
    Originally posted by efikkan View Post
    Because NVENC is designed to use dedicated encoding hardware in the GPU, ...
    VA API or OpenMAX aren't designed to use dedicated encoding hardware in the GPUs?

Leave a comment:

• xeekei
    replied
    Originally posted by DarkFoss View Post
    He's probably refering to this article and the earlier one linked to it.
    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTgwMjA
    Yes. More cooperation with Intel could be key to counter Nvidia's dominance. Using the same API for both decode and encode only makes sense, and VAAPI is already very established.

Leave a comment:

• pinguinpc
    replied
    In my case works however needs nvEncodeAPI.h from NVENC Windows SDK and cuda SDK installed too

For more information can see this

Without NVENC

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

With NVENC

Leave a comment:

• DarkFoss
    replied
    Originally posted by r1348 View Post
    AFAIK AMD uses OpenMAX for encode/decode and VDPAU for decode only, and VAAPI is Intel only, or did I miss some news about AMD?
    He's probably refering to this article and the earlier one linked to it.
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Leave a comment:

• r1348
    replied
    So with NVidia, it's two different APIs for encode and decode? NVENC and VDPAU? Why not just adopt VAAPI? I think AMD is doing that.
    AFAIK AMD uses OpenMAX for encode/decode and VDPAU for decode only, and VAAPI is Intel only, or did I miss some news about AMD?

Leave a comment:

• Szzz
    replied
    I will still use x264

Leave a comment:

• efikkan
    replied
    So with NVidia, it's two different APIs for encode and decode? NVENC and VDPAU? Why not just adopt VAAPI? I think AMD is doing that.
    Because NVENC is designed to use dedicated encoding hardware in the GPU, unlike the previous encoder which utilizes CUDA.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X