NVIDIA Adds PhysX GPU Acceleration Support Under Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
    So when was physyx avalable for windows? So we can calculate how many years behind linux is.
    Here is a chart that I ordered from some of the industry experts, it highly accurately represents the "progress" of these operating systems as a gaming platform. You can use this material to try to make the estimation.

Comment

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
      Then buy nvidia like I did. If we all do that we will get rid of amd and their crappy driver support Why doesn't amd support physX?
      Why would I intentionally go with a company I don't support? I'm not a sheep

Also, I'm going to assume you know nothing of AMD's driver situation and just feel like being part of a bandwagon. Good luck with that.

Originally posted by GT220 View Post
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktVmLJ5i4NY

PhysX is awesome, especially the upcoming FLEX. Clueless people here don't know crap as usual.
      What makes PhysX awesome? What don't clueless people here know? If you're going to "white knight" NVIDIA, you have to at least provide some reasoning.
      Last edited by Guest; 13 October 2014, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
        Why would I intentionally go with a company I don't support? I'm not a sheep
        Also, I'm going to assume you know nothing of AMD's driver situation and just feel like being part of a bandwagon. Good luck with that.
        Yup. That's exactly why I am a proud owner of 2 1950XTX's. Ran for a few years @100c. Doubled as a heater in winter.
        Lot more powerfull than people gave them credit for.
        And YA the brand new 8800GTX's were right next to them, and I did look up benchmarks beforehand.
        Last edited by grndzro; 13 October 2014, 09:09 PM.

Comment

IIRC the new MOBA Strife which is in open beta uses PhysX; I've been playing it on the side and definitely saw PhysX listed in the game options menu. Since I have an Nvidia card I guess that means I'll see a speedup with this change soon.

Comment

Originally posted by kenjitamura View Post
            IIRC the new MOBA Strife which is in open beta uses PhysX; I've been playing it on the side and definitely saw PhysX listed in the game options menu. Since I have an Nvidia card I guess that means I'll see a speedup with this change soon.

Yeah i made an example under my mobile phone for the troll, but he still continues raging around. shadowrun, and like at least 20 more popular games use it as well.

Of course its not very cool that its nvidia only, but doing untruthful statements like this in the phoronix forum is... not funny.

btw. i play strife too... add me pls name is berz3rk.

Comment

Originally posted by gotwig View Post
              Kids, ignore ^ this troll.

Borderlands 2, metro LL
              No it's not, PhysX, CUDA, G-Sync etc are all vendor lock in, which is all Nvidia has.

Comment

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
                No it's not, PhysX, CUDA, G-Sync etc are all vendor lock in, which is all Nvidia has.
                You are wrong. CUDA is open, G-sync is an implementation of an open standard. Nvidia is also the main contributor behind OpenGL.

Comment

Originally posted by Kivada View Post

wtf are you talking about. he denied that games make use of physx, i denied that and called examples. i didnt talk about licenses or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by efikkan View Post
                    You are wrong. CUDA is open, G-sync is an implementation of an open standard. Nvidia is also the main contributor behind OpenGL.
                    What are you smoking, dude?

Comment

Originally posted by efikkan View Post
                      G-Sync requires specialized hardware, AdaptiveSync/FreeSync are the actual open VESA spec implementations. CUDA only runs on Nvidia hardware, OpenCL runs on any processor type you have no matter the architecture, including the DSP/codec chip on your cell phone. No, Nvidia leads the way with vendor specific extensions that never get added to the spec.

Comment

Working...
                      X