Black&white TV-out on Nvidia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black&white TV-out on Nvidia

In both Debian Etch and Kubuntu the TV-out has no color with my 6600GT. The solutions that have worked for other people, changing between composite, component and s-video in xorg.conf or connecting pin 3 and 4 in the s-video connector, did not help me.

I'm using a s-video to composit converter.
    I've tryed NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-100.14.19-pkg2.run and the latest beta drivers.

On an other TV I did get color, but it should be possible on this one too because my girlfriend's old Armada can get color on it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what more I could try?
    Last edited by Betel; 13 December 2007, 07:29 PM.

Add those

Option "TVStandard" "PAL-B"

(or "NTSC-M" for US) and

Option "TVOutFormat" "COMPOSITE"

to device section.

Comment

I've tried several combinations of "TVStandard" and "TVOutFormat", without any succes. My s-video to composite adapter could be bad. It has no resistance between pins 3 and 4. That's o ok according to some howtos, but according to other sources there should be a capacitor (infinite resistance for DC)there.

I'll try to find another adapter or do a little soldering, and report back if it works.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

Try with another cable if you have anyone lying around or if you can borrow one. Sometimes the resistance in the cable is different and some works while others don't.

Comment

The beta 169.04 does not always work, just the the standard connector that came with your card (if it is a component cable use the blue connector) and try 100.14.23.

Comment

Reporting back:
            I've given up. I switched to another TV that doesn't get a b/w picture.

The problem was that the other TV that had a b/w picture, didn't have it with other computers.

Comment

Working...
            X