Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script for Fan Speed Control

Hi!

I have written(/modified) a python script for controlling the fan speed of a Nvidia Card and I wanted to share it with you. Here is the code:
    Contribute to MisterPup/Nvidia-Dynamic-Fan-Control development by creating an account on GitHub.

It is based on the (great) work of Luke Frisken:

Basically the fan speed changes depending on the temperature of the card. To control the fan behavior, the script uses a 2D curve of [temperature, speed] points.

I have changed a bit the original code and added a GUI.
    I have done tests with version 331.20 and 337.12 Beta of the driver

Here is a screenshot of the GUI

It works with proprietary driver only.
    There isn't SLI support

I Hope you like it!

Not Working script

Originally posted by MisterPup View Post
    Hi!

I have written(/modified) a python script for controlling the fan speed of a Nvidia Card and I wanted to share it with you. Here is the code:
    Contribute to MisterPup/Nvidia-Dynamic-Fan-Control development by creating an account on GitHub.

It is based on the (great) work of Luke Frisken:

Basically the fan speed changes depending on the temperature of the card. To control the fan behavior, the script uses a 2D curve of [temperature, speed] points.

I have changed a bit the original code and added a GUI.
    I have done tests with version 331.20 and 337.12 Beta of the driver

Here is a screenshot of the GUI

It works with proprietary driver only.
    There isn't SLI support

I Hope you like it!
    Hello: I can not get the script to work on my Ubuntu 14.04-64bit GT640 + GTX770. Driver 337.12 and Coolbits 12. Thanks

Comment

Hello: I can not get the script to work on my Ubuntu 14.04-64bit GT640 + GTX770. Driver 337.12 and Coolbits 12. Thanks

Comment

Can you please explain me the problem you're having? Did you manage to start the script and it doesn't work, or it does not even start?

By the way, "GT640 + GTX770" does it mean you have a SLI configuration? If so, the script supports only single GPU configuration

Comment

Hello: Two non SLI cards.

The script does not start, I run and does nothing.

Not if you've downloaded well; I just copied a file created and saved as "Nvidia-Dynamic-Fan-Control.py". execute permission.

Comment

The script does not start, it does nothing.

Not if you've downloaded and installed fine; I just copied and created a file "Nvidia-Dynamic-Fan-Control.py" with execute permission.

Comment

Not Working script

Not if you've downloaded and installed fine; I just copied and created a file "Nvidia-Dynamic-Fan-Control.py" with execute permission.

Comment

Comment

In your case I am not sure which of the two cards the script will control; I have done tests only on my single GPU configuration.
                  I have updated the documentation on github:

HOW TO START
                  Open a terminal in the folder containing both nvidia-gui.py and nvidiafanspeed.py then execute:
                  python nvidia-gui.py

Comment

working well, how to save the curve ?

Hi, I've tried your script with Kubuntu 14.04, i5 processor, GTX 750 & Nvidia 340 driver (proprietary).

It's working well ! Good job

However, how can I:
                    1-) Save my curve (not as a png!! )
                    2-) Start Kubuntu with the configured script
                    Maybe it's automatic, I havn't tried.

I don't know if it's possible, but I would like to run the fan under 30% (it's a HTPC-Gaming PC). Is it possible to change it in your script, or in the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file ?
                    I think my fan start under 30% of the total power, but I've not tried.

Thank you !

Comment

Working...
                    X