Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by birdie View Post
    What's there to play? Metro Last Light?

NVIDIA should help nouveau more, not implement features required by 1% of Linux users (i.e. 0.01% computers users in general).
    If SteamOS takes off, the current "99%" of Linux users you speak of might just become 1%.

Comment

My needing for overclock was to have smooth effects and web browsing scrolling even in the lowset powermizer settings due to my card being clocked ridicously low there, so it is good to hear

Comment

NVIDIA should help nouveau more, not implement features required by 1% of Linux users (i.e. 0.01% computers users in general).
        "Waaah I don't use it therefore it's useless."?
        Underclocking for less resource usage, overclocking for more performance out of your hardware. Really awful material indeed.

But yeah I knew it was coming. I had an overclocked 9800GT for years, and got a new GTX 750Ti last month so it was time for this to appear

Comment

Clock-to-clock benchmarks compared to Nouveau, please, now that it's possible, just for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Qwerry View Post
            If SteamOS takes off, the current "99%" of Linux users you speak of might just become 1%.
            Not really. I'm never going to risk voiding my warranty just to get a few extra frames, and I think that will be true for most people at any point in time. It's like with smartphone hacking, most people will always use it vanilla (and unlocking the phone has much larger benefits than a few frames to begin with).

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
              Not really. I'm never going to risk voiding my warranty just to get a few extra frames, and I think that will be true for most people at any point in time. It's like with smartphone hacking, most people will always use it vanilla (and unlocking the phone has much larger benefits than a few frames to begin with).
              Overclocking is useful for specific use cases (fast compute needed), underclocking is useful for lower power usage/higher battery life/cooler card/less noisy card.

Comment

Oh god, thanks nvidia

Just a "little" too late, but always better than nothing..

Comment

There are a bunch of litecoin miners with GTX 750 Ti's out there just waiting for overclocking.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                    There are a bunch of litecoin miners with GTX 750 Ti's out there just waiting for overclocking.
                    Or underclocking, for mining khash/W is important.

Wonder if this driver has some power limit percentage slide like in windows and will there be more advancement in libXNVCtrl. That it can be used as nvapi is used on windows(afterburner,precisionX etc. overclocking tools).

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
                      Overclocking is useful for specific use cases (fast compute needed), underclocking is useful for lower power usage/higher battery life/cooler card/less noisy card.
                      I'm not disputing that. I'm disputing Qwerry's point that the majority might start overclocking due to SteamOS.

Comment

Working...
                      X