X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Originally posted by gonssal View Post
    It's really a pitty you didn't include the GTX 660 in this test, because it would have been the most interesting card to compare the 750 Ti to, given they are almost in the same price range (660 arround 25$ more).
    Here are my benchmarks I did a while ago:
    OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

Leave a comment:

• synaptix
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    The only thing I don't understand is the heatsink.
    More surface area = more heat dispersion.

Leave a comment:

• profoundWHALE
    replied
    Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
    Me for instance, I'd like AMD Trueaudio in Windows and I like to use the open source drivers in Ubuntu. It's always so much smoother even if some features aren't there.
    FYI there is no Trueaudio support with the R7 265

Leave a comment:

• Laser
    replied
    The reported codecs that the NVIDIA Linux driver can support hardware-based video encoding through VDPAU (Video Decode Presentation API for Unix) included MPEG1, MPEG2, H.264, VC-1, MPEG-4, DivX4, and DivX5.
    (emphasis mine)

Is this correct or an error? I cannot imagine there encoding support for these formats, and the name VDPAU implies otherwise as well.

Leave a comment:

• profoundWHALE
    replied
    Remember, the 750 GTX Ti is competing against the new Radeon R7 265. (which is basically the R7 260X Ti if we're using Nvidia product naming)

In the end you'll be getting slightly better performance per watt with the GTX, but you'll be getting better performance overall with the AMD card.

If they are the same price I would say it comes down to your personal preference. Me for instance, I'd like AMD Trueaudio in Windows and I like to use the open source drivers in Ubuntu. It's always so much smoother even if some features aren't there. So I would pick a AMD card for those reasons.

If those two scenarios do not apply to you, then go with the GTX 750 Ti Or go with whatever you like!

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by gonssal View Post
    It's really a pitty you didn't include the GTX 660 in this test, because it would have been the most interesting card to compare the 750 Ti to, given they are almost in the same price range (660 arround 25$ more).
    I don't have the GTX 660. The comparison was limited to cards I have...

Leave a comment:

• gonssal
    replied
    Gtx 660?

Leave a comment:

• wargames
    replied
    The GeForce GTX 750 Ti had no problems outperforming the similarly-priced AMD Radeon R7 260X
    Are you really sure about the price? The 750 Ti is great and very efficient but it's overpriced for what it offers.

Leave a comment:

• tuke81
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    It's pretty weird. I guess the lack of space on the single slot is a factor, considering that my GTX 660 has two DVI, one HDMI and one DP (but it uses two slots explicitly). Still, I'd expect 1x HDMI (full HDMI, not mini), 1x DP and 1x DVI on a model like the 750 Ti, because DVI is an ageing standard that should be supplanted by DisplayPort. But then perhaps it will have such a port set in one of the vendor versions.
    Well dvi-to-hdmi and dvi-to-vga dongles exists, so it's good to have at least dual link dvi-i connector(reference has vga connector, which is waste of space). And I agree in my needs, it should have full sized hdmi and dual link dvi.

Leave a comment:

• TheLexMachine
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    I think some AIBs will end up doing single-slot designs.
    There are a few single-slots from Asus and others with heatsink/fan builds, mostly non-Ti but there are a few Ti cards. All the OC cards are double-slot/double-fan from what I've read.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X