No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti "Maxwell"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember, the 750 GTX Ti is competing against the new Radeon R7 265. (which is basically the R7 260X Ti if we're using Nvidia product naming)

In the end you'll be getting slightly better performance per watt with the GTX, but you'll be getting better performance overall with the AMD card.

If they are the same price I would say it comes down to your personal preference. Me for instance, I'd like AMD Trueaudio in Windows and I like to use the open source drivers in Ubuntu. It's always so much smoother even if some features aren't there. So I would pick a AMD card for those reasons.

If those two scenarios do not apply to you, then go with the GTX 750 Ti Or go with whatever you like!

Comment

The reported codecs that the NVIDIA Linux driver can support hardware-based video encoding through VDPAU (Video Decode Presentation API for Unix) included MPEG1, MPEG2, H.264, VC-1, MPEG-4, DivX4, and DivX5.
      (emphasis mine)

Is this correct or an error? I cannot imagine there encoding support for these formats, and the name VDPAU implies otherwise as well.

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
        Me for instance, I'd like AMD Trueaudio in Windows and I like to use the open source drivers in Ubuntu. It's always so much smoother even if some features aren't there.
        FYI there is no Trueaudio support with the R7 265

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          The only thing I don't understand is the heatsink.
          More surface area = more heat dispersion.

Comment

Originally posted by gonssal View Post
            It's really a pitty you didn't include the GTX 660 in this test, because it would have been the most interesting card to compare the 750 Ti to, given they are almost in the same price range (660 arround 25$ more).
            Here are my benchmarks I did a while ago:
            OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

Comment

Michael Nvidia provide this card????? if this is, good for nvidia

Hopefully amd want send you cards (amd not go to bankrutpcy for send you some cards), this site its a few testing hardware on linux

Comment

That's it, I'm buying ten of these.

Your fault AMD, I bet the green blob will actually work with OpenCL.

Comment

Originally posted by Laser View Post
                  (emphasis mine)

Is this correct or an error? I cannot imagine there encoding support for these formats, and the name VDPAU implies otherwise as well.
                  Only h.264 encoding through NVENC. The word "decoding" should have been used in that write-up.

Comment

Nice. I bought a GTX 660 one month ago and its max power consumption is 110W (min 7W)? Looks like the 750 Ti is about as powerful? Well anyway it?s a similar price?

Also nice to see that the performance per watt numbers are correct this time.

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
                      Remember, the 750 GTX Ti is competing against the new Radeon R7 265. (which is basically the R7 260X Ti if we're using Nvidia product naming)
                      Right. The 260X is priced against the 750 and the new 265X (Pitcairn slightly speed-bumped relative to HD 7850 IIRC) is priced against the 750 TI.
                      Test signature

Comment

Working...
                      X