NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti "Maxwell"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ageha View Post
    Is there any way to overclock those cards without using Windows?
    Bios mods are doable with Kepler at least; I'm not sure about Maxwell, though. There may be warranty issues if something goes wrong while the non-default bios is flashed (and the non-default bios remains). Some cards have a dual bios feature which may be worth the premium if you are not willing to take a risk on that front.

Comment

H.264 10bit

Does anyone know, if Hi10p (H264 10bit) is working on this card?
      Maybe someone has tested it?

Comment

adequate CPU

What CPU would you recommend for a linux system with 750 (Ti).
        I want a silent/power efficient system for office/internet use but which should also be able to handle World of Warcraft (1920 resolution under wine).
        Would a Intel Pentium G3420 be ok to start (saving 110 Euro compared with i5) with the possibility to upgrade in the future and keep the 750?

Comment

Originally posted by Autec View Post
          What CPU would you recommend for a linux system with 750 (Ti).
          I want a silent/power efficient system for office/internet use but which should also be able to handle World of Warcraft (1920 resolution under wine).
          Would a Intel Pentium G3420 be ok to start (saving 110 Euro compared with i5) with the possibility to upgrade in the future and keep the 750?
          All I can tell you is WoW is slow and ugly under Wine with my Core i3 550 (dual core + HT @ 3.2GHz) + nvidia GTX 660. The game doesn?t see the capabilities of the GPU correctly and most semi-advanced graphical options are disabled. I can get 60 fps is a mostly empty area (a village in the woods with no other player around) if I set all the options to low. The setting just above gives me 40 fps. Anything above is catastrophic (roughly <= 30 fps, I don?t remember exactly).

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
            Bios mods are doable with Kepler at least; I'm not sure about Maxwell, though. There may be warranty issues if something goes wrong while the non-default bios is flashed (and the non-default bios remains). Some cards have a dual bios feature which may be worth the premium if you are not willing to take a risk on that front.
            Patching the bios is definitely a solution. However, since Forceware 337.12 Beta overclocking is finally possible for Maxwell, Kepler and Fermi from the NVIDIA X server settings.

Comment

Working...
            X