NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti "Maxwell"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stqn View Post
    Nice. I bought a GTX 660 one month ago and its max power consumption is 110W (min 7W)? Looks like the 750 Ti is about as powerful? Well anyway it?s a similar price?

Also nice to see that the performance per watt numbers are correct this time.
    No, it's not as fast as the GTX 660 in games, not even as fast as the GTX 550 Ti Boost. OpenCL and CUDA have been improved though. The GTX 660 is a better deal because you can find it for about the same price.

Comment

Comparing to a GTX 650 Ti BOOST is a joke considering it's 140W vs 60W on the GTX 750 Ti, the efficiency is way beyond and it's only slightly slower.

Maxwell GPUs are Compute Capability 5.0 btw, for those that are wondering.

This is the Maxwell facts thread. Let’s end the speculation and rumours. It’s just one hour before the press embargo is lifted. Let’s start collecting deviceQuery dumps, performance numbers, benchmarks, instruction throughput figures etc. all in one place. Also: what hardware features are new? How can we make use of them?

CUDA Capability Major/Minor version number: 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by wargames View Post
        No, it's not as fast as the GTX 660 in games, not even as fast as the GTX 550 Ti Boost. OpenCL and CUDA have been improved though. The GTX 660 is a better deal because you can find it for about the same price.
        Ah, good to know, and good for me then . I?m happy with my MSI "Twin Frozr" GTX 660 anyway because it?s silent! And 7W on the desktop is pretty good. (Would be interesting to know if this number went down for the 7xx models.)

Comment

Originally posted by gonssal View Post
          It's really a pitty you didn't include the GTX 660 in this test, because it would have been the most interesting card to compare the 750 Ti to, given they are almost in the same price range (660 arround 25$ more).
          The 660 would absolutely kerbstomp this thing. It is slower than a 650ti Boost, which is in turn slower than a 660.

Comment

From what I'm seeing, everyone is shipping bulky non-reference designs for the 2GB 750 Ti, which is not a good thing because those cards won't do well in off-the-shelf PCs due to their size and airflow requirements with the bulky dual-fan coolers/heatsinks.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLexMachine View Post
              From what I'm seeing, everyone is shipping bulky non-reference designs for the 2GB 750 Ti, which is not a good thing because those cards won't do well in off-the-shelf PCs due to their size and airflow requirements with the bulky dual-fan coolers/heatsinks.
              Not so sure about that but anyway, there are plenty of reference designs on the market, at least here in SE Asia.

Comment

NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti and Ubuntu 13.10

Is it safe to say that I must install Ubuntu 14.04 in order for the NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti to work?
                I am trying to install Ubuntu 13.10 and right where the install goes into graphics mode
                my install stops. All I have is a flashing cursor.

In the process right now of downloading Ubuntu 14.04. If that does not work not sure
                what to do next.

Thanks
                Peter

Comment

Overclockig

Is there any way to overclock those cards without using Windows?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    I don't have the GTX 660. The comparison was limited to cards I have...
                    good GPU

Comment

Originally posted by peterd View Post
                      Is it safe to say that I must install Ubuntu 14.04 in order for the NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti to work?
                      I am trying to install Ubuntu 13.10 and right where the install goes into graphics mode
                      my install stops. All I have is a flashing cursor.

In the process right now of downloading Ubuntu 14.04. If that does not work not sure
                      what to do next.

Thanks
                      Peter
                      Finally made it to work on 13.10. I installed with the integrated haswell graphics (nvidia card removed). Then, put the card back in and boot into text mode (with "text nomodeset" parsed to GRUB), download and install the NVIDIA binary driver, blacklist nouveau and reboot. This is what finally made it work for me ... I had to disable the integrated graphics in BIOS, otherwise it kept locking up the computer.

Hope this helps someone,
                      Peter

Comment

Working...
                      X