No announcement yet.

NVIDIA 331.38 Linux Driver Brings Many Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is going to fix my L4D2 problems. I just know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
      Just recompile whatever xorg-server you're using against the new libgcrypt. Or compile it against openssl, that's possible too. Then everything tied to the new libgcrypt can be updated.

No complications whatsoever.

LMAO... maybe when I was back in college and had time for that. I have a real job now though. I used Gentoo back in the day before it was even cool, but life goes on and maintaining separate out-of-tree packages with a million dependencies that are outside of my control isn't my idea of a fun time.

Comment

At simple seek seem equal in wine with test drive unlimited 2

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post
          LMAO... maybe when I was back in college and had time for that. I have a real job now though. I used Gentoo back in the day before it was even cool, but life goes on and maintaining separate out-of-tree packages with a million dependencies that are outside of my control isn't my idea of a fun time.
          I have just puts the new and old gcrypt lib into /usr/lib/. So I have now libgcrypt.so.11 libgcrypt.so.20, Xorg 15 and pacman, gpg everything runs fine. A temp solutions but doesn't make any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post
            What million dependencies? You need to recompile one package. I get having priorities other than playing around with such stuff, but you're making a big deal out of something that's not complicated at all and blowing things out of proportion. And you do have a little time, otherwise you wouldn't be using Arch in the first place, and you wouldn't be hanging around at this forum.

Anyway, I just saw the Arch devs have moved xorg-server-1.15 from [testing] into [extra], so all this discussion is moot. nvidia-utils-331.38 is part of the move as well, I don't think they'd do this if it didn't work. So... cool

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
              This is going to fix my L4D2 problems. I just know it.
              What problems? Did you have too micro lags? I don't have time this days to tested it, but this would be amazing if I could play L4D2 like on windows .

Comment

I want a new beta driver with tons of experimental stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by dragonn View Post
                  What problems? Did you have too micro lags? I don't have time this days to tested it, but this would be amazing if I could play L4D2 like on windows .
                  I had hangs when the VRAM got maxed out, especially in the safe rooms. I'd get like 1 frame per 5 seconds with looped sound and Xorg would go to 100%.

I think the micro lags even out for me once the GL cache gets compiled. Ohh and I need to set the CPU governor to performance.

Comment

On wine with Prince of persia Forgotten Sands seems equal

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
                      I had hangs when the VRAM got maxed out, especially in the safe rooms. I'd get like 1 frame per 5 seconds with looped sound and Xorg would go to 100%.

I think the micro lags even out for me once the GL cache gets compiled. Ohh and I need to set the CPU governor to performance.
                      I didn't expire this problem, but maybe because I launched L4D2 only for few minutes - the micro lags where just irritating. I have already set the governor to performance long time ago, hope the problem with micro lags will be mostly fixed, well I will test it at this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                      X