No announcement yet.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Steams Ahead On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An overpriced piece of hardware again. No, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      An overpriced piece of hardware again. No, thank you.
      Looking at the cost per performance ratio, I agree, AMD cards do not offer a compelling ratio in linux.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
        What's wrong with Debian?

Or are you one of those Ubuntards who started using Linux 3 weeks ago and haven't heard of Debian because it doesn't show up on your Software Center?
        I'm just one of the people that prefer software from this decade, I've never had a driver issue on Fedora when using nvidia proprietary even though my kernel is changing nearly daily.

Comment

@Michael,

You've just confirmed my next GPU purchase. I always cherry pick a high-end card and stick with it for a decade (price you pay for water-cooling )...

For also those complaining about Nvidia driver support for Linux - try running the shitty FGLRX/Catalyst drivers with a vaguely up-to-date or rolling distro... You will be weeping blood after a few days Personally not had any problems with Nvidia drivers (Arch, Gentoo, OpenSUSE, Mageia) - except for Canonicals insistence on packaging multiple version of the Nvidia driver, all with different kernel module names (perhaps they are too busy developing a phone/tablet OS that will probably never work or sell??)

Thanks
          Bob

Comment

missing game benchmarks

What the heck?
            Why aren?t all game benchmarks Michael ran shown in the article?
            There are only graphs for xonotic and openarena, but michael ran als Warsow, Nexuiz, reaction quake 3, unvanquished and counter strike source.

look here http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...SO-GTX780TIN09

If you look at those numbers you see the nvidia gtx 770 winning clearly 5 games, 3 are almost same fps as for R9 290. For the synthetical benchmarks the 770 wins 8 times, and loses 3 times.

Comment

Working...
            X