X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger_Coder
    replied
    Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
    That could explain things. Is the AMD CPU really that bad that was used in the benchmark? I'm using an overclocked Intel Core i7 myself and have better framerates with my GTX 580 OC.
    I usually got much less frame rate in source games at Linux for my GTX 550ti than most benchmark. Even when I am playing in 1366*768 and this benhcmarks have much more resulation. I think my AMD Phenom X4 955 Quad core CPU is the bottleneck. AMD cpu's have some serious issues with source games on linux.

Leave a comment:

• blackout23
    replied
    That could explain things. Is the AMD CPU really that bad that was used in the benchmark? I'm using an overclocked Intel Core i7 myself and have better framerates with my GTX 580 OC.

Leave a comment:

• synaptix
    replied
    Originally posted by caEmber View Post
    if the linux source port isn't vastly different than the windows version, then it's definitely a cpu bottleneck.
    TF2 lately got extremely cpu dependent as it also only uses 2 cores.

-> cpu benchmark/ comparison to windows would be pretty amazing!
    Source engine has always been heavily CPU dependent.

Leave a comment:

• caEmber
    replied
    if the linux source port isn't vastly different than the windows version, then it's definitely a cpu bottleneck.
    TF2 lately got extremely cpu dependent as it also only uses 2 cores.

-> cpu benchmark/ comparison to windows would be pretty amazing!

Leave a comment:

• rikky
    replied
    Strange GTX 460 results

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Updated NVIDIA Benchmarks On Ubuntu With Team Fortress 2

For those curious how Valve's popular Team Fortress 2 game is performing atop the Source Engine with Ubuntu 13.10 and the latest NVIDIA Linux drivers, here's updated benchmarks as we compare nine graphics cards spanning several GeForce generations.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=19321
    I did a quick test with my GTX 460 1024MB and results look much better:

http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...SO-TF2NV331262

On very high settings (8xMSAA, 16x Anisotropic filtering, Bloom enabled) I got 113 fps on a 1680x1050 resolution.

Leave a comment:

• rikky
    replied
    Did a quick test with my GTX 460 1024MB and I get 136 fps on a 1680x1050 resolution:

http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...SO-TF2NV331238

Leave a comment:

• joh22n
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    If it's not installed in the steam home folder directory it won't work and there really isn't anything I can do about it due to Steam getting in the way and not integrating well for automated testing.
    Why not read the install folder from the Steam config file? It is available and easily readable in .steam/root/config/config.vdf.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Tiger_Coder View Post
    I don't know what is the problem but tf2 profile with PTS don't run on my machine. It just could not start tf2. Might be because tf2 is not installed in the steam folder in my home directory but in a separate steam directory. Or may be because I am using Kubuntu?
    If it's not installed in the steam home folder directory it won't work and there really isn't anything I can do about it due to Steam getting in the way and not integrating well for automated testing.

Leave a comment:

• blackout23
    replied
    Originally posted by bofh80
    There's supposed to be a slew of problems past 319.x .That nvidia are happily ignoring. Apparently 'help with nouveau' translates to 'target and destroy nvidia linux binary'.

I call this the 'linus finger effect' . who uses 'finger' any more . . . .

Retest with 319.x .

I hope valve have done enough testing not to ship post 319 .. it isn't like nvidia would intentionally damage Steam like right?

I have used 325.xx drivers and also 331.xx beta driveres for months on Arch Linux without any problems.

Leave a comment:

• Serge
    replied
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Running many different Linux GPU tests for an upcoming graphics card review, and in enjoying my birthday toying with hardware and working on many Linux benchmarks, I decided to run some fresh Team Fortress 2 benchmarks on Ubuntu 13.10 Linux with the NVIDIA 331.20 graphics driver.
    Happy birthday!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X