X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange GTX 460 results

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Updated NVIDIA Benchmarks On Ubuntu With Team Fortress 2

For those curious how Valve's popular Team Fortress 2 game is performing atop the Source Engine with Ubuntu 13.10 and the latest NVIDIA Linux drivers, here's updated benchmarks as we compare nine graphics cards spanning several GeForce generations.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=19321
    I did a quick test with my GTX 460 1024MB and results look much better:

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

On very high settings (8xMSAA, 16x Anisotropic filtering, Bloom enabled) I got 113 fps on a 1680x1050 resolution.

Comment

if the linux source port isn't vastly different than the windows version, then it's definitely a cpu bottleneck.
      TF2 lately got extremely cpu dependent as it also only uses 2 cores.

-> cpu benchmark/ comparison to windows would be pretty amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by caEmber View Post
        if the linux source port isn't vastly different than the windows version, then it's definitely a cpu bottleneck.
        TF2 lately got extremely cpu dependent as it also only uses 2 cores.

-> cpu benchmark/ comparison to windows would be pretty amazing!
        Source engine has always been heavily CPU dependent.

Comment

That could explain things. Is the AMD CPU really that bad that was used in the benchmark? I'm using an overclocked Intel Core i7 myself and have better framerates with my GTX 580 OC.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
            That could explain things. Is the AMD CPU really that bad that was used in the benchmark? I'm using an overclocked Intel Core i7 myself and have better framerates with my GTX 580 OC.
            I usually got much less frame rate in source games at Linux for my GTX 550ti than most benchmark. Even when I am playing in 1366*768 and this benhcmarks have much more resulation. I think my AMD Phenom X4 955 Quad core CPU is the bottleneck. AMD cpu's have some serious issues with source games on linux.

Comment

Working...
            X