Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA 100.14.23 Linux Driver Released

Phoronix: NVIDIA 100.14.23 Linux Driver Released

It was just yesterday that we at Phoronix told you to be on the lookout for a new NVIDIA Linux driver. Well, a new Linux driver is now available.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

According to nvidia forums this is a beta driver

Comment

It doesn't appear to resolve the XVideo corruption bug either. Too bad. At least if it's still beta hopefully there is a chance the fix will still make it into the final release.

Comment

For me I see no differences to .19, but your mileage may vary.

Comment

Originally posted by immudium View Post
          It doesn't appear to resolve the XVideo corruption bug either. Too bad. At least if it's still beta hopefully there is a chance the fix will still make it into the final release.
          damn, i was hoping it would.. It fucking sucks that they introduce such crappy bugs into their production drivers, going from 1.0.9756 to 100.14.19 is a major regression.

it really is annoying to have to switch out and into X to be able to watch video again.

Comment

nvidia 100.14.23 help

i tried to install this new driver on ubuntu 7.10 but ran into some hurdles but now when i try (sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-100.14.23-pkg1.run) the terminal responds : sh: Can't open NVIDIA-Linux-x86-100.14.23-pkg1.run.

would anyone have any suggestions on how to fix?

thanks.

e

Comment

Are you using Ubuntu x64?

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                Are you using Ubuntu x64?
                i'm using x32 on a lenovo t61.

thanks for the help.

e

Comment

Disable restricted modules then execute:

in vt1 by using

sudo sh install-nvidia-debian.sh

Comment

Originally posted by Redeeman View Post
                    damn, i was hoping it would.. It fucking sucks that they introduce such crappy bugs into their production drivers, going from 1.0.9756 to 100.14.19 is a major regression.

it really is annoying to have to switch out and into X to be able to watch video again.
                    changing the resoultion just do it, too , but yes, the bug sucks, sometimes i also get sys freezes because of xvideo

Comment

Working...
                    X