No announcement yet.

What is the best nvidia gpu for gaming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, this is very nice link: http://openbenchmarking.org/index.ph...FO-57500792103

Pay attention to OpenArena 0.8.8 and Xonotic tests, where I notice two facts:

- recent MESA with Vadim's patches has nearly trippled its performance, compared to state from Ubuntu 12.10 (half year ago).
    - recent MESA with Vadim's patches is performing 100% to fglrx (remember that: 5770 on fglrx vs 5750 on mesa, and balance logically)

Comment

why you tell us about amd shit in a post that only talks about nvidia?

Comment

Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
        why you tell us about amd shit in a post that only talks about nvidia?
        Because I am not fanboi or order nazi, like you? What has your question lost in nvidia shit-only thread?
        My posts are response to OP post and all follow ups, ie nothing offtopic, unlike your post : )

Comment

OK, so i I've benchmarked the gpu with nvidia 310.14 drivers and i think it did fairly well comparing with AMD cards

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

Comment

No, you're not Nazis, the Nazis were good people, they were selling not amd shit. What happens is that you are a worker amd

Comment

A decent price/performance ratio can be had from the 650 Ti Boost right now, which can play modern games at medium to high settings up to 1080p.

Comment

Originally posted by pandev92 View Post
                No, you're not Nazis, the Nazis were good people, they were selling not amd shit. What happens is that you are a worker amd
                Lol!! You have like zero idea who nazis were, how many people they mutilated etc. In real life I would have long cracked your skull open for saying shit like this. I got this reflex from my grandpa
                And no, I am not AMD "worker", owning two AMD cards does not qualify one to become "worker".
                I am perfectly fine with OP purchase 660 card, in fact I recommended him nvidia for certain cases in my first post.

Comment

Originally posted by brosis View Post
                  Lol!! You have like zero idea who nazis were, how many people they mutilated etc. In real life I would have long cracked your skull open for saying shit like this. I got this reflex from my grandpa
                  And no, I am not AMD "worker", owning two AMD cards does not qualify one to become "worker".
                  I am perfectly fine with OP purchase 660 card, in fact I recommended him nvidia for certain cases in my first post.
                  I study history in college, but clearly you can not understand what an irony.

Comment

hI guys, I have benchmarked my gpu with unigine valley, and it seems to do slightly better than the HD7950 just to show how much better are the nvidia drivers!

Comment

The best video cards in price/perf ratio are GTS450, GTX550-560, GTX650-660. If you have a game that doesn't give you decent FPS with these cards in native resolution then disable the FSAA, lower anisotrophic filtering, lower your resolution a bit and try again. Slightly lower resolution will give you a nice anti-aliasing - anisotrophic like effect and your GPU won't have to compute the overwhelming filtering bits. Happy gaming

And don't ever consider an AMD gpu if you don't intend to take on "an opensource driver zealot's pilgrimage to feature-performance wonderland"™.
                      Last edited by glxextxexlg; 09 May 2013, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X