NVIDIA 313.18 Driver Update Packs A Ton Of Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
    Now only if the Ubuntu drivers update tool would offer anything newer than nvidia-experimental (310 series).
    Yeah I'm starting to get a bit despondent about the situation there.

I think part of the problem is that there's now a separation between GeForce 8 series and up and older models. So I guess it's not a matter of just updating the X-Swat PPA anymore.

But even the 310 series in Jockey is actually the beta release, rather than the stable release that went out over a month ago.

meh ubuntu

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
      I was replying to people claiming that Linux was a good gaming platform. And no, it's not because it simply has few games.
      Quality is better than quantity (see the amount of totally crappy games we have in today's stores?). Also, go buy your games and consoles, I still have my i7.

Comment

This is why I will never use anything else than Arch Linux. Already got my 313.18 driver even for my Linux CK Kernel with "nvidia-beta-ck" from the AUR.

Comment

Learn to read. I was replying to people claiming that Linux was a good gaming platform.
          Each to his own. It's a good gaming platform for me (and I don't bother with consoles), I've been sinking hours into the games I have and more are on the way that have me pretty excited. Now instead of rebooting into Windows I can do my usual work in Linux and then fire up a game straight away or vice versa. It's bliss

Comment

Originally posted by ninez View Post
            Someone already said that (almost word for word)and by bringing it up again, all you are going to do is get awesomeness ranting about how awesome radeon is and how much nvidia sucks... ie: either you are intentionally aiming to create some 'flamebait' or are doing so out of ignorance or innocence.

Personally, i think it may be better to avoid that subject all together, and instead focus on the latest nvidia driver
            Ha, actually it was word for word, and if you look closely at the post you'll see the spam urls it has hidden inside them.

In other words, that account is a spam bot.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
              Ha, actually it was word for word, and if you look closely at the post you'll see the spam urls it has hidden inside them.

In other words, that account is a spam bot.
              Yeah, I've noticed those.

Pretty much any account name that ends in a string of numbers like that is a spam account.

...ohhh, wait...

i kid, i kid...

Comment

Pretty much any account name that ends in a string of numbers like that is a spam account.

Comment

LoL...

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

www.ads2see.com
                  First of all: Good One!

Second: Is that ad-company You just linked there a hoax or not?

Christopher Nolan

Comment

Learn to read. I was replying to people claiming that Linux was a good gaming platform. And no, it's not because it simply has few games. In non-gaming use cases other features are more important.

Why should I start a new thread to answer someone? Makes no sense at all!
                    I can read just fine. wtf does this have to do with 'linux as a gaming platform' and/or Nvidia;

I'm so amazed by your use of ?ur? instead of ?your?. You're soooooooooo cool and it really makes your arguments more serious and believable.
                    real clever, technical, insightful response to why linux isn't a good gaming platform... better than any i could possibly imagine

...and quite frankly, half of your so-called 'reply' as just a bunch of crap/rants/OT.

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post
                      Second: Is that ad-company You just linked there a hoax or not?
                      Ha, honestly I just picked a url at random. I wanted "ad" in it, and randomly added something semi-readable which i figured might go to an actual site. I've got no idea who runs it.

Comment

Working...
                      X