Haha. ok :P

So, here is the output from "glxinfo|grep NVIDIA":

johan@shahrizai-Desktop:~$ glxinfo|grep NVIDIA
    server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
    client glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
    OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
    OpenGL version string: 4.3.0 NVIDIA 310.14
    OpenGL shading language version string: 4.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
    They should be right, they were downloaded from nvidia.com, so ...

Anyway, I tried to run the game before I installed these drivers, using the nvidia-current. That did not work either, but I got different error messages from Wine then. Could they be related? (I cannot re-generate those error-messages now, but I did not see anything there about libGL.so)

Edit: I will install Oil Rush now through Desura, just to check that OpenGL is working at all.
    Last edited by Shahrizai; 19 October 2012, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Yeah, dont know yet, will check now by installing Oil Rush

Comment

Alright, yes, it works. Oil Rush ran better than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
          You are an idiot.

You can have any opinion on software licencing and video drivers you wish, that's legitimate. But calling people who are giving you free code "garbage" just because your game runs faster with a different driver is psychopathic behaviour.

You are ill.
          Damn right this GT220 is really the most advanced open-source hater i ever see in a Linux forum.

Hey GT220 why not join a Islamic terror organisation and fight the FREE world with real weapons instead constantly write bullshit here?

I think the "CIA" is better in handling this kind of "GT220" hate speech people.

Comment

Yes, we are all idiots... oh, wait no?

So back on topic again. Since Oil Rush ran fine, and my drivers are correct, and everything else works. Could Wine itself be the problem here? Then why did it work for the guy who had tested with WoW? I wish he could come back to this thread

Comment

You have to install 32 bit opengl libs. If you want to know how this works with debian wheezy/sid (or kanotix dragonfire) you could look into irc://irc.freenode.org/#kanotix and ask the bot !nvdeb . For squeeze the pure nvidia installer could be used but you should never use it onto a system that is multiarch.

Comment

Send him a PM; maybe he'll help you.

Or does WINE have a forum where you could ask? Somebody there would probably know for sure.

Comment

Well - they did say this is very software dependent, not an "all across the board magical performance boost". Seems like it's ok that some games wouldn't work as good, and that nVidia was right in optimizing as they were before.

Comment

32-bit libs sounds like a good suggestion. You were prompted about whether you wanted to install them when you installed the nvidia driver. If you did not install them, then just run the installer once more and make sure you get them. I did install them.

Comment

Well other distros like U install the complete content of the driver archive incl. 32 bit libs by default, but debian does not. There it is splitted into several packages. You can install 310.14 already when you use debian experimental. Similar for fglrx - in experimental is 12-9 beta.

Comment

Working...
                      X