X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thefirstm
    replied
    Originally posted by Plagman View Post
    Actually, I meant to reply to thefirstm; sorry about that. It seems like you're trying to view the log in a tool that doesn't support multi-part gzip files. Try unzipping it with gunzip first and looking at it then, it should have all the content.
    I just sent in the bug report.

Leave a comment:

• YAFU
    replied
    Something like that. Not only with VDPAU performance is bad. Also Xv video playback performance is poor. What I say is that VDPAU is even worse than with Xv. All that if KDE OpenGL compositing is enabled. With effect disabled or using XRender the performance is better.
    Actually I'm noticing that when the effects are active (OpenGL), everything is slower and heavier in KDE. The response of the effects and when switch windows are a bit slower.

How I can reset to the default nvidia-settings configuration? I want to be sure the problem is not because I've changed something in other versions of the driver.

Sorry for my English if I can not explain it better.
    Last edited by YAFU; 16 October 2012, 05:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Plagman
    replied
    To be clear, the issue you're observing is that VDPAU playback with 310.14 is slow if KDE OpenGL compositing is enabled, but not if desktop effects are disabled? 310.14 was supposed to address just that, so it's not really a known issue to me. If you can also submit a bug report as described above we can try to see what's different about your configuration.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• YAFU
    replied
    It seems like you're trying to view the log in a tool that doesn't support multi-part gzip files. Try unzipping it with gunzip first and looking at it then, it should have all the content.
    Yes it is, Ark can not handle it

Actually, I meant to reply to thefirstm; sorry about that
    Ok, then I guess the poor performance using OpenGL in KDE is a known issue for nVidia.
    Regards.

Leave a comment:

• Plagman
    replied
    Actually, I meant to reply to thefirstm; sorry about that. It seems like you're trying to view the log in a tool that doesn't support multi-part gzip files. Try unzipping it with gunzip first and looking at it then, it should have all the content.

Leave a comment:

• YAFU
    replied
    Edit: thefirstm, Plagma request was for you (see below)

Hi,

Sorry you're running into this; can you please email [email protected] with that text and attach the output of running `sudo nvidia-bug-report.sh`?

Thanks!
    - Pierre-Loup
    The log generated is basically empty.

Start of NVIDIA bug report log file. Please include this file
    when reporting a graphics driver bug via the nV News NVIDIA
    Linux forum (see www.nvnews.net) or by sending email to
    '[email protected]'.

nvidia-bug-report.sh Version: 13578365

Date: mar oct 16 17:52:14 ART 2012
    uname: Linux yafupc 3.2.0-32-generic #51-Ubuntu SMP Wed Sep 26 21:33:09 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    command line flags:
    What should I do?
    Last edited by YAFU; 16 October 2012, 05:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Plagman
    replied
    Originally posted by YAFU View Post
    Well, I installed v310.14 beta on Kubuntu 12.04 KDE 4.9.2 from Xorg Edgers PPA. Be careful if you enable this PPA. Read the warnings from PPA site. If you enabled it, just install "nvidia-current" 310.14 and "nvidia-settings". Then again disable the PPA.
    GT430 nVidia card.

The video playback when KDE effects are active (OpenGL) have poor performance (1080p). In SMPlayer, using VDPAU is even worse than with Xv. The quality improves when the effects are disabled or using XRender instead OpenGL. Is this problem related to these patches for KDE that you mentioned?

Also in nvidia-settings I can not find the settings for color/brightness/contrast for video (Xvideo). I refer to these configurations for video. These settings for color correction for screen there are.
    Hi,

Sorry you're running into this; can you please email [email protected] with that text and attach the output of running `sudo nvidia-bug-report.sh`?

Thanks!
    - Pierre-Loup

Leave a comment:

• YAFU
    replied
    Originally posted by mark45 View Post
    Color/brightness has been removed recently from nvidia-settings, I don't recall exactly why, but every self-respecting video player has corresponding settings for video brightness etc.
    Ok. I guess then there is no way to change these settings when you are watching an embedded video in the web browser.
    The truth is that I do not remember if those settings worked for it in other versions.

Leave a comment:

• mark45
    replied
    Originally posted by YAFU View Post
    Also in nvidia-settings I can not find the settings for color/brightness/contrast for video (Xvideo). I refer to these configurations for video. These settings for color correction for screen there are.
    Color/brightness has been removed recently from nvidia-settings, I don't recall exactly why, but every self-respecting video player has corresponding settings for video brightness etc.

Leave a comment:

• Rigaldo
    replied
    Originally posted by asdx
    Sure I agree, and no problem, it won't happen again (I know I've said this more than once, sorry), but this time it won't happen again. I'm truly sorry.

I just hope that Nvidia could get more, you know... human sometimes, and help the nouveau team, which in my opinion is an impressive team and they deserve all the respect from the world for the tremendous work they've already done on their own.

I wish they both could help each other instead of fighting, and do something really good so that everyone could benefit in the end.

Peace.
    You're right, I'd love that too. But they're corporate in the end. And that means we shouldn't expect them to be very "charitable". As I said, I believe they'll see benefits of opening up more on the long run, and not only them. Especially if Linux grows in "power", and things show it can.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X