replied
    Originally posted by asdx
    I care about nouveau.
    I don't.LOLOLOLOL

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by boast View Post
    Really? Is there a link to a discussion about this or something? I had no idea.

Leave a comment:

• boast
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    Only raster is supported by Qt. Native is un-maintained and buggy.
    Really? Is there a link to a discussion about this or something? I had no idea.

Leave a comment:

• Kano
    replied
    That can be only with very rare gfx cards with 1 performance level only. All newer cards are usually slower as they just run with the default boot speed.

Leave a comment:

• YAFU
    replied
    Ok, then the nvidia installer should select "raster" by default. At least this beta did not do that on my system.
    Now my question is, why in the KDE site (and forums) raster is recommended "especially" with nvidia drivers?. Why nouveau drivers has better performance than nvidia drivers in native X11 (in KDE)? (at least with my graphics card)

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Only raster is supported by Qt. Native is un-maintained and buggy.

Leave a comment:

• YAFU
    replied
    Which graphics system is used depends on the distribution defaults. For the Compositor raster is recommended especially if the NVIDIA driver is used.

Leave a comment:

• YAFU
    replied
    I selected "raster" as Qt Graphics System and performance is better.
    I think that performance in "native" (X11) should be better.

Leave a comment:

• Gusar
    replied
    Originally posted by asdx
    So you think that just because your nvidia blob doesn't use KMS, then KMS is no longer necessary?

Wow, your ignorance speaks louder.
    Dude, you should really kick this habit of only reading parts of posts. Especially when you intend to call others ignorant. Because all you're showing is your *own* ignorance.

KMS is not necessary for the Nvidia driver. KMS is not the one holy modesetting solution. Nvidia have their own. And now let me blow your mind: Nvidia's modesetting is in the kernel too! Even bigger mind blowage: They've had it way before KMS even existed!

Leave a comment:

• efikkan
    replied
    Which version of OpenCL is supported in this version?

It's good to see more OpenGL 4.3 support, CUDA 5.0 is looking very interesting. I'm looking forward to a 310.x stable driver.

Please stop whining about Wayland and KMS, the first is not at a usable state yet and the latter is not needed for the Nvidia driver.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X