• Time
  • Show
Clear All

no more libXvMCNVIDIA?

Comment

First impressions;

Very nice update to the nvidia driver

- Smooth scrolling in Firefox 19 with youtube/flash videos
      - Noticeable visual/performance improvement in at least one H/W accelerated VM (in VMWARE) so far
      - XBMC is snappier
      - No noticeable regressions compared 304.51

I haven't dug much deeper, nor tested against certain apps but so far so good.

Originally posted by sl1pkn07 View Post
      no more libXvMCNVIDIA?
      apparently not. I noticed that too, as i had to modify a PKGBUILD (Archlinux) since it failed at the point it was supposed to install libxvmcnvidia (and subsequently after, when trying to modify it's permissions).

Comment

Originally posted by ninez View Post
        First impressions;
        - Smooth scrolling in Firefox 19 with youtube/flash videos
        Are you from the future or is Mozilla that ahead with their experimental releases?

Anyway, with gmod 13 now working with latest wine and this new driver, I might have a fun week ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Adriano ML View Post
          Are you from the future or is Mozilla that ahead with their experimental releases?
          I use Firefox-Nightly (which is currently 19a01)...

the smooth scrolling + video is definitely a result of the latest nvidia driver though ~ it's really nice to have this in place now, it had to be one of the more annoying mis-features.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            HDMI 3D Stereo support for NVIDIA "Kepler" and later GPUs
            HDMI 3D Stereo is still Quadro-only feature, or GeForce's is supported now too?

Comment

Originally posted by sl1pkn07 View Post
              no more libXvMCNVIDIA?
              None of that cards that are supported by this driver ever utilized libXvMCNVIDIA. The last cards that could use it were the GF7 series.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
                HDMI 3D Stereo is still Quadro-only feature, or GeForce's is supported now too?
                this is what it says in NVIDIA_changelog;

* Added support for HDMI 3D Stereo with Quadro Kepler and later GPUs. See
                the documentation for the "Stereo" X configuration option in the README
                for details.

which refers to cards like the Quadro-k5000, which is a kepler-based Quadro card.

Comment

This driver fixes VDPAU under KDE. Well, almost; mplayer2 crashes when going from fullscreen back to windowed mode.

GL VSync is still broken though. Launch a GL app with VSync enabled and the whole desktop, including the mouse cursor itself, begins to stutter like crazy.

Comment

Do you have the KWin patch referenced there applied?

It would also cause choppiness in general.

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
                      Of course that releasing specs would change things, it would help nouveau tremendously. What kind of moronic comment is that that it wouldn't change things?
                      Like I said, stick to the f u posts. Because with each post containing more than that, you show yourself more and more clueless. Here you've demonstrated lack of reading comprehension.

Comment

Working...
                      X