X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deanjo
    replied
    And on that note, I'm locking the thread as it is so far gone that there is little hope of getting back on track.

Leave a comment:

• KameZero
    replied
    Originally posted by asdx
    Also, I hate using this bad language, but those guys keep insulting me, so what can I do? Treat them with respect and sweet words?
    That's pretty much the definition of maturity. Not necessarily treating them with respect, but not flying off the handle every time you're insulted, and reducing your posts to nothing more than cluster f-bombs.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    And when you insult people you are showing the world the piece of shit you are as a person. Fuck you.

You are the violent psychopath here. Go fuck yourself. Asshole.
    Seriously guys, you want to banter, rant and swear go PM each other in IRC and let's try to keep the forums clean and respectable. If you don't I'll just start deleting posts with profanity.

Leave a comment:

• ownagefool
    replied
    Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
    When Torvald's says "Fuck you nVidia" he's being a spoiled man child bashing the only company that makes his kernel worth using on workstations. When you do it, you are showing the world that you are a violent psychopath.

Take your meds, call your sponsor, get help.
    My workstation runs fine with both my integrated Intel, and discrete AMD GPU. What problems do you experience?

Leave a comment:

• yogi_berra
    replied
    Who said I'm not capable of proper conversation?

Let me guess, when Linus Torvalds says "Fuck you nvidia" everyone applauds him and he's the best guy on earth. But when an individual like me says "Fuck you nvidia" I'm wrong, I'm an obnoxious person that is incapable of proper conversation and I should be banned from forums and planet earth, etc.

Ah the hypocrisy...
    When Torvald's says "Fuck you nVidia" he's being a spoiled man child bashing the only company that makes his kernel worth using on workstations. When you do it, you are showing the world that you are a violent psychopath.

Take your meds, call your sponsor, get help.

Leave a comment:

• ownagefool
    replied
    Originally posted by Gusar View Post
    Is there some reason you're objecting the request to ban an obnoxious person not capable of proper conversation? This should be a no-brainer: In a community, you don't ask everyone to adapt to the one obnoxious person. It's the one person who should adapt, or he is to be removed (first temporarily, then permanently if the temporary timeout didn't suffice).
    I don't object if we draw a line in the sand. Since you've lowered yourself to his level, you wouldn't mind requesting one for yourself now too, would you?

Let me guess, when Linus Torvalds says "Fuck you nvidia" everyone applauds him and he's the best guy on earth. But when an individual like me says "Fuck you nvidia" I'm wrong, I'm an obnoxious person that is incapable of proper conversation and I should be banned from forums and planet earth, etc.
    Its not really the same though, is it? The difference is Linus had genuine complaint, or at least in a position to have one. From my perspective, he generally skirts backing his opinions with sensible arguments, but thats by the by.
    Last edited by ownagefool; 01 September 2012, 10:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gusar
    replied
    Originally posted by ownagefool View Post
    Is there some reason you cannot counter your personal disapproval with personally adding him to your ignore list, instead of asking him to be banned?
    Is there some reason you're objecting the request to ban an obnoxious person not capable of proper conversation? This should be a no-brainer: In a community, you don't ask everyone to adapt to the one obnoxious person. It's the one person who should adapt, or he is to be removed (first temporarily, then permanently if the temporary timeout didn't suffice).
    Last edited by Gusar; 01 September 2012, 03:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ownagefool
    replied
    You're making the mistake here of thinking that this crap with asdx started in this thread. It didn't. He's been posting the "f you nvidia" crap for some time now, in several threads. And also spewing colorful expressions at people who don't agree with him.
    So It's not he who "responded in kind" to me, it's the other way around - I responded to him the way he's been responding to others plenty of times before.
    Actually, I didn't make that mistake,I just don't care. This topic is the one I was refering to, and thus what I said stands perfectly well based on the content of this discussion.

About me "running off to mommy and daddy", you seem to have missed this part I said in a previous post: "And just so we're clear: I don't care if an idiot on a forum gives me colorful descriptions. But I do find it annoying to see the "fuck you nvidia" posts all the time."

"don't respond to him" is not the solution. Even if I don't respond, I still have to put up with the annoying "f you nvidia" posts all the time. Why should I have to? Why are you the second person here giving people the go-ahead to be obnoxious, while denying me the request that something is done about it?
    Is there some reason you cannot counter your personal disapproval with personally adding him to your ignore list, instead of asking him to be banned?

Leave a comment:

• Gusar
    replied
    What? So should I never make another comment against Nvidia?
    You should follow through on your apology. Which means not behaving in the same manner (attacking people with all sorts of colorful expressions) again. And yes, thing includes not posting the annoying "f you nvidia" posts anymore. Only post when you have something valuable to contribute. Posts containing "f you nvidia" are not valuable.
    Last edited by Gusar; 01 September 2012, 02:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• yogi_berra
    replied
    And the devs aren't part of that fucking corporation? How exactly aren't they?

Fuck, if anything the devs deserve to be bashed to death for being a bunch of FUCKING COWARDS who are too scared to talk to the management people and convince them to the right thing. But sure they prefer to remain quiet while everyone else has to put up with their bullshit.

I'm fucking sick of all of you. Fuck you all.
    Take your meds before you hurt someone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X