Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who are these douches that took down the nvnews site?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ninez
    replied
    Originally posted by asdx
    They are not, I am free to express my dissatisfaction with nvidia and so I will, if you don't like it, feel free to ignore it.
    so your dissatisfaction with nvidia includes telling other users to go and die in fire? ~ while also telling almost everyone to fuck off at the end of every post??? weird. Typically, the way i would go about letting a company know that i am unhappy with their product would be to contact them directly and/or (in the case of computers) contact the OEM (in the case of a laptop or something).

And yes, my next card will be from Intel and AMD, I'm not giving my hard earned money to Nvidia, EVER again, because they don't support Linux the way I want to see them supporting it.
    good for you, then don't buy nvidia. no one is forcing you to

And their excuses for not providing specifications are lame. What? Intel and AMD are not losing money by supporting Linux and open source.

Please just go away nvidia. You have failed the entire Linux community.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYWzMvlj2RQ
    they may not provide specs - but their driver is still the best GFX driver for linux, it slaughters Intel and i've always found AMD to be a mixed bag. ...and by the way - you do realize the vast majority of phoronix readers have already seen that video right?

and who are you to claim they have failed the entire linux community - they happen to be the only GFX manufacturer that HASN'T disappointed me. please, stop speaking for others - you are NOT representative of all Linux users, not even close...

Leave a comment:

• ninez
    replied
    You don't have respect for the nouveau devs also, you called nouveau a "garbage".

And no, I don't respect the nvidia people, they are not worth of any respect. All they cause is grief to the Linux developers. I hope nvidia burns in fucking hell.
    we've been over this in the other thread; there happens to be a difference between saying nouveau is garbage (which i didn't say) vs. nouveau is garbage compared to the nvidia blob (which is exactly what i said). asdx, you are being VERY dishonest and if you think i am not going to point out your deceit - you would be wrong.

if you don't like nvidia, fine. Then don't purchase their products, but stop wasting everyone else' time by attacking developers and users who visit these forums. You seem to be under the impression that your opinion is all that matters, where i am sure most people can read your comments and come to the conclusion (fairly easily) that you and your opinions are a waste of space.

Leave a comment:

• johnc
    replied
    Douches like yourself who say they love "open source" but then support something shitty like the nvidia blob, something that causes developers a lot of grief.

You guys are the open source hypocrites of the Linux community.
    But I've never claimed I'm an open-source-at-all-costs guy. I generally want to use what works the best and in some areas, for me, OSS is more important than in other areas. Drivers is one of those areas where I have no problem accepting binary versions from manufacturers.

When I bought my video card I knew the deal... and I made my purchase because I felt it was worth it.

And us software devs do not require open-source drivers to get our jobs done "without grief". That is such a whiny excuse. I'm not saying that working with a black box is always the most pleasant; depends on the APIs and documentation and the ability to communicate with the providers.

Leave a comment:

• ninez
    replied
    Fuck you nvidia.

Either provide specifications to the nouveau developers or GTFO.

Nobody in his right mind wants your piece of shit and broken blob.

Michael, you seriously need to ban asdx!

being a dick to developers whom are trying to communicate with users in the phoronix forums should be deeply frowned upon!

asdx, doesn't have respect for anyone in these forums and is only here to cause trouble.

Leave a comment:

• johnc
    replied
    Nobody in his right mind wants your piece of shit and broken blob.
    Except the 99% of us who do.

Leave a comment:

• Gusar
    replied
    Originally posted by Plagman View Post
    Hello,

We're very sorry for the inconvenience that this is causing. We're currently working on putting up our own UNIX support forums and retrieving the data from the now-disabled NvNews UNIX forums. As you know, we're also currently having forum issues of our own so the timing is a little unfortunate, but we hope to be able to provide a new set of official support forums soon.

In the meantime and until this is resolved, please send your feedback and bug reports to [email protected]. I will update this topic as soon as there is news.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience. We really value your participation and I hope to see you on the new forums as soon as they're up.

Thanks,
    - Pierre-Loup Griffais
    NVIDIA Linux Graphics
    Thank you for this info, sounds great.

Leave a comment:

• DeepDayze
    replied
    Originally posted by Licaon View Post
    I encourage you to:
    http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ask -> Register -> Geforce/Other/Linux/Linux Driver/--/ ->

with honey...

Anyway MikeCs' posts are straaaaange:
    Sounds like MikeC's on drugs or something

Originally posted by 1c3d0g View Post
    Thank you, Plagman, for posting that useful piece of information and restoring sanity in this thread.
    +1

About time someone brings new info to the table to quell the rumors

Leave a comment:

• 1c3d0g
    replied
    Thank you, Plagman, for posting that useful piece of information and restoring sanity in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Plagman
    replied
    Hello,

We're very sorry for the inconvenience that this is causing. We're currently working on putting up our own UNIX support forums and retrieving the data from the now-disabled NvNews UNIX forums. As you know, we're also currently having forum issues of our own so the timing is a little unfortunate, but we hope to be able to provide a new set of official support forums soon.

In the meantime and until this is resolved, please send your feedback and bug reports to [email protected]. I will update this topic as soon as there is news.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience. We really value your participation and I hope to see you on the new forums as soon as they're up.

Thanks,
    - Pierre-Loup Griffais
    NVIDIA Linux Graphics
    Last edited by Plagman; 07-25-2012, 05:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ninez
    replied
    Originally posted by jmcharron View Post
    Get off the bridge troll!!! Go ride a bike or hike a wooded trail, all that pent up anger is good for no one . If you truly care about using a system that isn't "tainted" with blob drivers use GNU/Hurd I hear its all the rage Now that project is going places!!!!
    +1

well said.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X