Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Releases New Linux Binary Driver Update

Phoronix: NVIDIA Releases New Linux Binary Driver Update

It's time to update your NVIDIA binary blob...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope they finally release NVIDIA 300-series drivers as final release (there is a beta out now).
    It finally brings long-awaited XRandR support!

Comment

Its not always optimal. When you use KDE 4.4.5 you can not control where the panel is shown with 300+ driver...

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        Its not always optimal. When you use KDE 4.4.5 you can not control where the panel is shown with 300+ driver...
        You can still do that with nvidia-settings.

Comment

No you can't, only with older drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            No you can't, only with older drivers.
            I have done it with 302.11 when I was testing out the new RandR functionality.

Comment

The GeForce GT 650M that's now officially supported by the NVIDIA Linux driver is what's found in the new Apple MacBook Pro.
              Totally worthless without "switchable" GPU support... Thank you Nvidia

Comment

With bumblebee, this driver and 650M, it doesn't work for me :

Code:
                [ 1703.731166] NVRM: loading NVIDIA UNIX x86_64 Kernel Module 295.59 Wed Jun 6 21:19:40 PDT 2012
                [ 1714.543375] NVRM: RmInitAdapter failed! (0x26:0xffffffff:1170)
                [ 1714.543385] NVRM: rm_init_adapter(0) failed
                Code:
                [ERROR]Cannot access secondary GPU - error: [XORG] (EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the NVIDIA GPU at PCI:1:0:0.
                Last edited by yimm; 14 June 2012, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X