Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbhattarai
    replied
    They have come out with some better models along with it...

Leave a comment:

• ninez
    replied
    Originally posted by johnc View Post
    Ahh... I'm on Ubuntu. I'll have to find the upstart variation of the method!
    too bad... I can't help you there, since i don't use Ubuntu.... I am running Archlinux.

I'm sure if you dig around, there should be some quick way of getting the nvidia updated without rebooting in Ubuntu.

Leave a comment:

• johnc
    replied
    Originally posted by ninez View Post
    @Johnc

I just updated to this driver, using the method i said. worked like a charm
    Ahh... I'm on Ubuntu. I'll have to find the upstart variation of the method!

Leave a comment:

• ninez
    replied
    Originally posted by Gusar View Post
    For me, this xv vsync thing is the *third* time Nvidia fixed something I reported. And the total number of my reports (which means the total number of issues I had with their driver) is... three. So perfect track record . The Nvidia devs really do read nvnews, and file internal bugs for the issues people report there.
    All the more reason to stick with Nvidia

I'm actually liking this new driver, it seems a bit snappier in a few situations and 302.07 crashed my system (hard) a few times, but 302.11 hasn't yet (keeping fingers crossed). Mind you, i am using an RT-kernel 99% of the time (with patched nvidia) so hopefully the last beta was just a bit of a dud, and they improved it. previous to 302.07 i hadn't had a single crash with Nvidia on either the 3.0-rt or 3.2-rt kernels. The funny thing was that i was getting ready to file a bug report against 302.07 (ie: i read all of nvidia's bug reporting documentation ~ starting X with more verbose logging, running nvidia's utility to collect the relevant info, etc) ... but then this driver was released, so i didn't bother (but will, it it happens with this one).

cheerz

Leave a comment:

• Gusar
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    I reported a bug in the last beta, and NVidia fixed it in this one. This never happened with the bugs I reported about "another vendor's" binary driver :-)
    For me, this xv vsync thing is the *third* time Nvidia fixed something I reported. And the total number of my reports (which means the total number of issues I had with their driver) is... three. So perfect track record . The Nvidia devs really do read nvnews, and file internal bugs for the issues people report there.

Leave a comment:

• ninez
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    This is the bug report. NVidia people actually read these

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=180025
    Well, i do like Nvidia, and i do think that they do a decent job that was a good find, and i am glad they fixed it.

cheerz

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by ninez View Post
    @RealNC

what was the bug? ... and regardless, that it awesome.
    This is the bug report. NVidia people actually read these

Leave a comment:

• ninez
    replied
    @Johnc

I just updated to this driver, using the method i said. worked like a charm

@RealNC

what was the bug? ... and regardless, that it awesome.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    I reported a bug in the last beta, and NVidia fixed it in this one. This never happened with the bugs I reported about "another vendor's" binary driver :-)

Leave a comment:

• ninez
    replied
    Originally posted by johnc View Post
    Wow... I haven't interacted with runlevels since the olllllllllllllllllllllllllllld (OLD) days of RedHat. I thought I was done with those forever. But I'll come back to this and give it a try the next time an update comes out. Thanks.
    they (those days) are only over IF you are using systemd, i haven't switched yet - but i am sure sometime this year i will.... Systemd, i would hope provides something similar, but since i haven't bothered with it yet, i don't really know.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X