Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
    With URT it does not. Lastest blob and gtx260sp216
    Can't test right now, but even if it doesn't that would be just a bug.

What?
    Not to mention times, when I WANT low power, the lowest setting mode my system consumes 105W idle and 140W with performance mode forced - without any load.
    The prefered way to save power (for GPUs and CPUs) is ondemand / adaptive (i.e maximize idle time at low power by doing any work as fast as possible).

Gallium does that.
    But KDE does not use openvg (and most distros don't enable it) so it does not help you much.

I have coolbits enabled, there isn't. Coolbits only enable changing clock rate - and only till you logout.
    Coolbits is a bitmask not a binary "yes/no" option ...

From the readme:

When "4" (Bit 2) is set in the "Coolbits" option value, the
    nvidia-settings Thermal Monitor page will allow configuration of GPU fan
    speed, on graphics boards with programmable fan capability.
    To get both overclocking and fanspeed you'd want to set it to something like "5" i.e

Code:
    Option		"Coolbits"	"5"

I do not have several monitors, since I can not test, since question marks. But try to connect a monitor with different resolution or try to rotate one of them.
    No monitor to test (rotation) right now but I have used different resolutions with acceleration multiple times ...

Twinview does not require Xinerama?
    No it does not.

Comment

I have coolbits enabled, there isn't. Coolbits only enable changing clock rate - and only till you logout.
      It is there

Comment

I have 2 monitors with different resolutions (CRT+DFP) and acceleration works perfectly. Never tried to rotate a screen though.

Comment

Color management under NVIDIA proprietary drivers is inferior because it's not possible to set a colour profile per display. This makes mixing wide gamut and sRGB monitors very annoying.

Comment

The prefered way to save power (for GPUs and CPUs) is ondemand / adaptive (i.e maximize idle time at low power by doing any work as fast as possible).
            That does not apply for games. If you're going to play for half an hour, you'll play half an hour no matter if the fps is 60 or 600.

Comment

Originally posted by kacperpl1 View Post
              I know that twinview works, however i didn't mean the twinview - When I use my notebook at my desk I want to use my external lcd as main display and switch off laptop display and as far as i remember it doesn't work from nvidia panel without restarting xorg.
              It can be done. however it takes a few steps... and they have to be done in the right order.

Comment

2 crazycheese & Dragoran> I think, that the driver exposes some xinerama like information to wm. But it don't need xinerama when using twinview.

Personally, I'am really missing XRandR and per-monitor ICC profiles.

Comment

Misleading title. This article is only about nvidia blob drivers --- not interested.

Comment

Originally posted by kacperpl1 View Post
                    I know that twinview works, however i didn't mean the twinview - When I use my notebook at my desk I want to use my external lcd as main display and switch off laptop display and as far as i remember it doesn't work from nvidia panel without restarting xorg.
                    Works fine for me, when's the last time you tried this?

Comment

Missing in all drivers, but plenty feasible in the open drivers: Ability to have multiple X servers on one graphics card. Beers (yes, plural) for whoever fixes that properly!

Here is a tip to get you started: http://airlied.livejournal.com/72187.html?thread=457723

Comment

Working...
                      X