GT 430/520 or GTX 560 Ti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Static billboard displays such as you see in the malls, stores , transit terminals etc where you have a static advertising image or a image that does not change it's image often like arrival / departure times at an airport.
    LOL I know what they are...
    I was trying to think of a home entertainment application whereby one'd want a static billboard display.
    I personally can't think of any usage scenario where I'd regularly want a static display.
    Therefore I can't take points off plasma for not having functionality I'd never use!

You won't be able to get the "super ludicrous" high end but yes you will be able to find many high end plasmas around the 50" size for under 2k
    Will I be able to get a "super ludicrous" high-end plasma panel for under $2k if I stick to 42"?
    Or are the very best IQ plasma panels, limited to only the largest screen sizes?

If you are wanting to stick to 42" then really in plasma all you have to choose from is Panasonics offerings which are the only real 1080 plasmas out there anymore.
    Interesting, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jalyst View Post
      Will I be able to get a "super ludicrous" high-end plasma panel for under $2k if I stick to 42"?
      Or are the very best IQ plasma panels, limited to only the largest screen sizes?
      About as high end as you can get in 42" are the Panasonic TC-P42GT25 (~$1600 Canadian). There simply isn't a large demand for a Uber 42" tv's.

Comment

^Fair enough...
        Do you know what specifically I'm loosing, by not going up to a larger 1080p plasma?

If it's fairly miniscule I won't bother, but if it's a substantial list, then I may fork-out the $ for a larger one.

No worries if you're not sure on specifics, I'll start some threads/reading elsewhere soon.
        TV screen's still some way down the list of items to research/get!

Comment

Working...
        X