Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New nvidia Cuda drivers 270.40

You can grab them here.

Changelog doesn't say much but developer drivers always seem to be missing a full list of changes.

* Added support for the following GPUs:

* GeForce GTX 590
    * GeForce GTX 550 Ti
    * GeForce GT 420
    * GeForce GT 440
    * GeForce GTX 470M
    * GeForce GTX 485M
    * GeForce GT 550M
    * GeForce GT 555M

* Quadro 1000M
    * Quadro 2000M

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      Added support for the following GPUs:

* GeForce GTX 590
      It would be interesting to know if they actually fixed SLI.
      590 is two gf110 with internal bridge, but nvidia window drivers utilize SLI completely, yet linux drivers SLI implementation is theoretical at best. In every single test I saw, only one card in SLI was actually working.

Also, not providing Optimus support efficiently kills the idea of xxxM GPUs.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
        It would be interesting to know if they actually fixed SLI.
        590 is two gf110 with internal bridge, but nvidia window drivers utilize SLI completely, yet linux drivers SLI implementation is theoretical at best. In every single test I saw, only one card in SLI was actually working.

Any thoughts?
        For proper SLi support profiling is needed (same with crossfire) and I doubt you will see much effort put into that until gaming on linux comes of age. Even in windows if there is not a sli profile for the app you will see no increase.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
          Not really, it all depends on the method of how the manufacturer provided Optimus support. If the discreet GPU still has a direct rendering path (like on many Lenovos) then that xxxm series is supported.

Comment

GTX590 riches only 553 MHZ with 270.40 drivers

Hi all,
            I used 270.40 several days but today I was shocked because saw that GTX590 riches only 553 MHZ with these drivers, i.e performance level 2 !?? I performed very hard calculations, but not able to reach level 3.

Someone with the same problem? Any ideas?
            Thank you in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by kometata View Post
              Hi all,
              I used 270.40 several days but today I was shocked because saw that GTX590 riches only 553 MHZ with these drivers, i.e performance level 2 !?? I performed very hard calculations, but not able to reach level 3.

Someone with the same problem? Any ideas?
              Thank you in advance!
              Have you tried manually setting the performance level in the control panel?

Comment

Hi,
                Thanks for your answer!
                yes, I have tried. In the preferred mode section I selected "Prefer maximum performance" but no difference..I tried also to correct xorg.conf using: Option "RegistryDwords" "PowerMizerEnable=0x1;, but it looks that this option not work anymore and it is not mentioned in the 270.40 manual..
                I suppose that I can trust on X server values?, but don't know how to solve this issue?

Comment

Working...
                X